PDA

View Full Version : Best Prices on Shilen Barrels?

LubeckTech
01-13-2015, 06:18 PM
I am starting a 6.5 Creedmoor build on my 30-36 110 and have settled on a Shilen barrel.
Any suggestions as to where I might get the best price??
NSS looks good so far.

hsolano
01-13-2015, 06:50 PM
Getting mine with NSS, so I can tell you after looking that they are some of the best pricing around. I looked everywhere.

Another plus is that they do have stock on hand, and if you get one of those, it cuts the time significantly.

When calculating the total cost remember to add the 3% CC fee if you pay with one.

Jim is excellent and provides honest and spot-on advice.

LubeckTech
01-14-2015, 05:27 PM
Just ordered a Shilen varmit stainless match select from NSS for $339 and while I was at it I got the recoil lug and barrel nut. They were about $55 additional and originally I was going to stay with the ones I have but if I'm spending this much for such a nice barrel it seemed prudent to spend a little more to eliminate any possible play. The price of the barrel alone from Shilen was $449 so I feel I got a great deal considering my total was a little over $420 shipped. The lady I spoke with was very professional and offered to call me tomorrow after it ships with a tracking number.
It doesn't get any better than that!!!

Bigdave1977
01-14-2015, 06:27 PM
Jim and his wife are top notch, I had a barrel I ordered from them last year that never made it to my door. I called them and they got another one out to me immediately. I would never order any product they carry from anyone else simply because of this one great experience with them, I can't recommend them enough.

Dustinj33
01-14-2015, 08:08 PM
I've tried calling Jim 15 times today and always busy.

bootsmcguire
01-14-2015, 08:30 PM

That tells you something right there. ;) Jim is a great guy to deal with.

jbjh
01-14-2015, 09:30 PM

One phone, and two people manning it. Jim and his wife will be on the phone with you as long as it takes to walk you through whatever you're trying to do with your rifle. I'm not even sure they have call waiting.

sparky123321
01-15-2015, 04:35 AM
+++ Jim has always been very friendy and spent a lot of time with me on the phone every time I've called to place an order over the years. If you tried to call while we were talking you were going to be waiting 15-20 minutes, so I understood when their phone was busy sometimes when I tried to reach them. Great people to do business with.