PDA

View Full Version : trigger optins for axis

Stockrex
01-13-2015, 03:32 PM
I saw some users using sav-1 on axis,
which triggers can be used on an axis (pre-accutrigger) and how much work is involved.

the rifle will be used mainly to shoot paper at the range.

I have a 223 that has a 7lb plus trigger :-(.

gumbo333
01-13-2015, 03:42 PM
Look up on here the $1 trigger fix. There is a guy on here that may chime in that really knows the axis trigger and gives a very good explaination. Like that big Red N.

DrThunder88
01-13-2015, 03:57 PM
Rifle Basix SAV-1 or Timney Axis Trigger (#633) are both for the Axis. Still, like gumbo says, some people just finagle their own triggers into something more manageable. Here is mine. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJijTbWe2wA)

fgw_in_fla
01-13-2015, 06:57 PM
I saw some users using sav-1 on axis,
which triggers can be used on an axis (pre-accutrigger) and how much work is involved.

the rifle will be used mainly to shoot paper at the range.

I have a 223 that has a 7lb plus trigger :-(.

7lb pull?
You got one of the better ones.

I use accu-triggers in all my Axis toys. Ask in the classifieds and you may come up with one. Inexpensively.

Check the tech articles on the home page, too.
Good stuff there. Step by step procedure for the blundering fool.

Good luck with your project.

Stockrex
01-13-2015, 10:44 PM
Look up on here the $1 trigger fix. There is a guy on here that may chime in that really knows the axis trigger and gives a very good explaination. Like that big Red N.

Yes Sir, I have not tried a lighter spring yet. I am going to try that next, else replace trigger.

Stockrex
01-13-2015, 10:53 PM
DrThunder88, I did cut off 1.5 turns.
thanks for the link, I will have to try to mod it again.

Fgw_in_fla, hmm, I remember reading the article. I have a stash of accutriggers, thanks for reminding me.