PDA

View Full Version : Used barrel for 110

Isrraelh
01-13-2015, 12:27 AM
I was looking to buy a used barrel for the savage 110 FXP I bought years back. Found a 110B series J and wanted to know if it would interchange.

LHitchcox
01-13-2015, 01:08 AM
They have the same thread. The only problem is if it has fixed sights they probably won't line up correctly and the roll marks will likely be off too.

Isrraelh
01-13-2015, 10:55 AM
They have the same thread. The only problem is if it has fixed sights they probably won't line up correctly and the roll marks will likely be off too.
So if I'm using a scope, everything should be fine. I don't have fixed sights at all on current setup. What about the roll marks? Would that have any impact on rifle? My current barrel has a small bulge near the tip. I shot awhile back and it was off. Took it out this past weekend, cleaned barrel and put 10 rds through it. On last 6 shots, I had a1" group at 100yds after making some adjustments to the scope. My son even holed the 2 he put through it. Not sure if I need to replace, but really don't know about the bulge in old barrel.

FW Conch
01-13-2015, 11:08 AM
That's hard to say, but it sounds like the bulge hasn't hurt the accuracy? If the barrel is a deal price, I would snap it up. If the bulge is more than 16.5" out from the breach, and I felt like it is a problem, I would chop it off and crown it, and keep it for a carbine barrel. If you have basic tools and are handy you can do it yourself. The roll mark is not an issue. :-)

Isrraelh
01-13-2015, 01:44 PM
That's hard to say, but it sounds like the bulge hasn't hurt the accuracy? If the barrel is a deal price, I would snap it up. If the bulge is more than 16.5" out from the breach, and I felt like it is a problem, I would chop it off and crown it, and keep it for a carbine barrel. If you have basic tools and are handy you can do it yourself. The roll mark is not an issue. :-)
Thanks for your advice.