PDA

View Full Version : Boys's Void

wbm
01-12-2015, 01:51 PM
Ordered a stock over a week ago from Boyds. No stock, no phone call returns, no email returns, no nothing. Anyone else having these problems

fgw_in_fla
01-12-2015, 05:51 PM
You're not alone.
I just spoke with customer service this afternoon and was told one of them is being shipped today. The second order is another day or two out. I placed the orders a week ago Saturday (1/10).
The young lady also mentioned they have a new lumber supplier so they're back in action.

If you call cust. ser., you'll probably have to call 4 or 5 time to get any info. I guess they're busy just like everyone else.

Or, very, very slow....

bvil
01-12-2015, 06:00 PM
I was just wondering if my order from last week actually went through. Like you, no email or confirmation that it was being processed. Guess I'll just have to be patient!

justinf
01-12-2015, 09:49 PM
I ordered mine on 12/27 and haven't received mine yet. I emailed them last week they said it would ship the next day, no shipping notification and no stock.

DrThunder88
01-13-2015, 07:27 AM
My Platinum, ordered on the website January 5th, was on the way as of yesterday.

Stockrex
01-13-2015, 09:47 AM
maybe they all went down to the Caribbean for a long xmas vac ;-)

DrThunder88
01-13-2015, 11:33 AM
There was an announcement on their site before Christmas that was to that effect (Caribbean destination notwithstanding!), so I wasn't surprised when my December 14th order took until January 5th or 6th to arrive. However, that my most recent order got sent out so quickly is something of a mystery if they're still beset with holiday backlog. This recent order isn't too customized though. The only non-standard feature is the recoil pad.

Were the orders that are stuck in Order Hell highly customized or pretty much off-the-shelf jobs?

justinf
01-13-2015, 11:39 AM
Mine is just a standard pro varmint in pepper laminate. Should've been pretty straight forward.

DrThunder88
01-13-2015, 03:48 PM
Come to think of it, Boyds' fancy new website doesn't specify whether items are in stock anymore, but their FAQs still refer to in stock items (as well as the line "Built to Order gunstocks ship in 1 to 2 weeks.") Now, I suspect picking one of the "color/custom options" instead of the black paint on the Pro Varmint is considered "built to order". My earlier stock was also a pepper laminate Pro Varmint with a thicker recoil pad. Given the speed of the more recent stock, I also suspect milling a stock out of another blank takes a bit longer.

Still, even by their own estimates, waiting since the 27th is longer than their FAQs estimate and reaching into the three weeks it took me to get my pepper laminate Pro Varmint.

justinf
01-13-2015, 08:55 PM
Well all my complaining, and guess what showed up this evening. Must have shipped last week when they said it would, just didn't get a notice. Regardless, it looks great!

fgw_in_fla
01-13-2015, 10:13 PM
I still didn't get any shipping info on mine so I called.

The young lady there told me both went out yesterday afternoon and will be here Friday.

I'm hoping I get both set up for this weekend's Hog Harvest 2015.

jwc0305
01-13-2015, 11:24 PM
I ordered a standard model varmint thumbhole on Dec 14, and still have not received it, after 6 emails and many, many phone calls where I had to leave a message and no return call, I got lucky this morning and actually talked to CS. Offered right away to knock off shipping charges for the delay and promised to call me back today with a ship date, never heard from her at all. This will be my final order from Boyds. TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!!!

CaptnDan
01-13-2015, 11:39 PM
I have used Boyd's for many, many years....the story is always the same. Good product...good value...not so good customer service.

Dan

hombre243
01-20-2015, 03:19 PM
I have used Boyd's for many, many years....the story is always the same. Good product...good value...not so good customer service.

Dan

A friend of mine said he used to frequent a restaurant in California somewhere that basically was a pit but had great food. He said the food was so good that celebs came there. One offbeat note...the management made it a point to insult everyone in every manner one can think of. If you wanted the out of this world food you had to suffer the crappy customer service...and high prices.

Sounds like Boyd's is a knockoff. I wonder if the insults are a franchised deal, huh?

PS I want to get a couple stocks from them...maybe 3. One for the Savage 11 VT, one for a Mosin and one for my Savage Mk II FV .22 . It just makes me feel all goosey to think I want to suffer that bad for something I do not need but think I want.

stomp442
01-20-2015, 05:23 PM
I have always had great service from boyds with fast shipping. I haven't needed their services since they updated the website and all I can say is that it sucks. What a terrible website.

wbm
01-20-2015, 05:25 PM
Finally got my Boyd's stock and a real letter of apology with a good explanation. Good to go. Very nice stock by the way. Fits the Axis like a glove and looks great.

hombre243
01-20-2015, 05:48 PM
Finally got my Boyd's stock and a real letter of apology with a good explanation. Good to go. Very nice stock by the way. Fits the Axis like a glove and looks great.

Good to know. I have not decided which rifle I want to get but the Axis II is one of 3 choices.

noname
01-20-2015, 07:54 PM
Been waiting 2 months now..no word what so ever..but they got my money..

DrThunder88
01-21-2015, 02:01 AM
The only way I ever got through to them was to hammer the customer service phone line. It took the better part of an hour of calling, navigating to customer service, waiting for the voicemail prompt, hanging up, and hitting redial. I imagine it may be even more difficult now that their website has that note on the front page.

The replacement for my returned stock was shipped out on Monday. So, in spite of the holiday, it only took one week to turn it around. That may be a sign they're getting things under control or a sign that an irritatingly squeaky wheel gets greased out of sheer exhaustion.