PDA

View Full Version : Binding safety

montana_native
04-29-2010, 09:00 PM
I have a non-accutrigger 110 that I just duracoated. The safety does not want to go to "safe" position without an extreme amount of force pulling it backward so the detent spring can slide over the pin.

Any ideas how to remedy this? could two light coats of duracoat have reduced the clearances enough to cause this?

Thanks.

I should also add that I have adjusted the set screw to no avail.

rjtfroggy
04-29-2010, 09:22 PM
Try loosening the rear action screw.

montana_native
04-29-2010, 11:33 PM
No luck. I pulled my other one out of the safe to look at for reference and it does the same thing. I can't figure it out.

Is there an aftermarket trigger group that replaces all of the factory pieces?

geargrinder
04-30-2010, 12:05 AM
One of the two set screws on the back of the trigger may need to be turned out a bit.

Found this a while back. It might help. Look at key 2 and 3

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee269/geargrinder123/OldStyleTriggerAdjustment.jpg

BillPa
04-30-2010, 11:13 AM
No luck. I pulled my other one out of the safe to look at for reference and it does the same thing. I can't figure it out.

One thing to check-recheck, make sure the cross pin is BETWEEN the safety detent spring and safety bar.
http://i45.tinypic.com/1zdsxt4.jpg

You also notice there is a forth screw, one in the safety bar that rides on the bottom of the action. To date I haven't heard anything on it's "proper" adjustment, but I've found adjusting it level with the rearmost portion of the trigger housing works the best. I lay a straight edge across the housing and adjust the screw until the bar is even with the housing.

Although DC goes on very thin there is alway the possibility that adjustment was on the ragged edge to start. Its also a good idea to apply bit of grease on the action where that screw rides. I use with lithium grease applied with a Q-Tip, just enough to wet the surface.

When I adjust a trigger I back off all the screws, the safety is the last to be adjusted. Its a balancing act between the safety operation smoothly without any movement in the trigger, sometimes as little as a 16th turn of the screw.

Bill

montana_native
05-01-2010, 11:41 AM

One thing to check-recheck, make sure the cross pin is BETWEEN the safety detent spring and safety bar.
http://i45.tinypic.com/1zdsxt4.jpg

You also notice there is a forth screw, one in the safety bar that rides on the bottom of the action. To date I haven't heard anything on it's "proper" adjustment, but I've found adjusting it level with the rearmost portion of the trigger housing works the best. I lay a straight edge across the housing and adjust the screw until the bar is even with the housing.

Although DC goes on very thin there is alway the possibility that adjustment was on the ragged edge to start. Its also a good idea to apply bit of grease on the action where that screw rides. I use with lithium grease applied with a Q-Tip, just enough to wet the surface.

When I adjust a trigger I back off all the screws, the safety is the last to be adjusted. Its a balancing act between the safety operation smoothly without any movement in the trigger, sometimes as little as a 16th turn of the screw.

Bill

What's that that Jeff Foxworthy says? "Here's your sign?" I had the pin on the top of the spring. Thanks. Works like it should now.

BillPa
05-01-2010, 04:03 PM
What's that that Jeff Foxworthy says? "Here's your sign?"

LOL...Naw, it was Bill Engvall. He was selling those signs for a $1 a piece or three for $5. People were buying the 3 for 5 like hotcakes! ;D

Anyway, glad ya got'r straightened out.