PDA

View Full Version : Converting CF stock to SF

scooterf79
01-09-2015, 06:12 AM
Hey guys, I kinda goofed up ordering my stock, and ordered a CF stock instead of a SF. Its a long action so I did get that right lol. I know I can send it back but if its not too much hastle or aggravation I was wondering if I would be able to convert to fit a SF action? Its a boyds laminate so no problem doing anything with a dremel, but was just curious as to what I might be able to do or not do.
Thanks
Scooter

Robinhood
01-09-2015, 07:33 PM
Scooter,

You have a SF? If I am not mistaken, you may need to remove material from the front/forward end of the mag well. It will be easy to see when you try an place the barreled action in the stock. Not sure about the depth.

scooterf79
01-09-2015, 08:41 PM
Thats correct, I have a SF action and a CF stock. I got a few minutes this morning and tried dropping the action in the stock. It seemed to hang up on the trigger spring(3 screw trigger). It left a couple evidence marks on each side of the trigger area. It looks like Ill definitely need to remove some material for it to fit there.
Ill start looking in the mag well area and check it out.
Thanks for the input
Scooter

short round
01-09-2015, 09:21 PM
Check area where trigger guard screw is on inside of stock, have had to open that up & shorten screw to get trigger to fit stock.