PDA

View Full Version : Muzzle Brake Question

LoneWolf
01-09-2015, 12:55 AM
If you had a brake for 6.5mm, but decided to use it for a 6mm would there be any forseen issues or concerns for accuracy/function? Anyone with some knowledge or experience please chime in.

Thanx,

LW

Willoughby
01-09-2015, 02:37 AM
BRAKES needs to be a few thousands larger diameter than the caliber .030 -.050 I believe
- you can go down in caliber size -may not be as effective -BUT IT WILL still work with no ill side effects
you can ONLY go up in caliber size IF you enlarge exit hole

upSLIDEdown
01-09-2015, 04:47 AM
Shouldn't be an issue. May not be QUITE as effective as if it was drilled specifically for a 6mm, but it should still have a noticeable effect.

chukarmandoo
01-09-2015, 12:04 PM
.020 over caliber size is the magic number. I have had two breaks on my 260 and am really thinking it is a waste. Breaks seem to work better the bigger the cartridge is. Saying all this; I have a friend that has a AR10 with a break and with that platform the rifle has zero recoil it dose not move off the target at 100 yards. On a 6 I think you'll find little benefit from a break, let alone one that is way oversized. If you already have a 6 that is threaded then I'd try it. Nothing ventured nothing gained, is what they say.

LoneWolf
01-09-2015, 12:08 PM
That's what I figured. I went ahead and spun it on last night. I just want as much aid in spotting my own shots for comps at all ranges. If it doesn't work as well as I'd Like then I'll try one purpose built for the 6. I'm going to try to get 3000-3100FPS out the 115 coated DTACS, so there should be plenty of pressure to make use of the brake.

FEENIX
01-26-2015, 09:40 AM
.020 over caliber size is the magic number. I have had two breaks on my 260 and am really thinking it is a waste. Breaks seem to work better the bigger the cartridge is. Saying all this; I have a friend that has a AR10 with a break and with that platform the rifle has zero recoil it dose not move off the target at 100 yards. On a 6 I think you'll find little benefit from a break, let alone one that is way oversized. If you already have a 6 that is threaded then I'd try it. Nothing ventured nothing gained, is what they say.

Ditto!