PDA

View Full Version : Bedding a Choate Tactical

reynoldsfamily3
01-08-2015, 07:28 PM
I am building a 7mm Rem Mag on a Choate Tactical stock with a CDI bottom metal and a SSS recoil lug. I want to bed the action. Has anyone bedded a Choate Tactical with DBM? I could use some pointers on how to avoid blocking the mag well with Devcon and how to get the bedding thick enough to not crack. I have searched and read the old posts but need more details. Any advice will be appreciated.

Bill

foxx
01-08-2015, 07:58 PM
I have not done that stock, but quite a few others. Relieve about 1/8th of an inch or more and it should not crack. For mag wells I use Styrofoam blocks cut a little larger than the well and shove them in there, then put plumbers putty around the edges to seal. If it does get inside there, it's no big deal, just dremel it out when hardened. Then do the normal stuff... plenty of putty inside anything you don't want epoxy and careful use of release agent. Be sure not to create any mechanical locks. When done, take 2 Xanax and go to bed, trying not to think about it till morning.

reynoldsfamily3
01-08-2015, 08:14 PM
Thanks foxx, Styrofoam blocks make a lot of sense to seal up the mag well. That helps a lot. I'll have to get the Xanax.