PDA

View Full Version : Savage 10FXP

Bigwhiskey
01-07-2015, 09:28 PM
Hey Everyone,

Ive spent some time reading the forums and various other sites to find the information I am looking for, but have yet to find it. I have recently purchased a Savage 10fxp and have shot 50 rounds through it. I enjoy the rifle and the only complaint is the recoil (308) from the light weight. I have pulled it apart and upon looking at it, the magazine looks like its blind magazine, but once the stock is out it looks like a box mag has been glued to the inside of the stock. I realize this is was to meet a price point, but I am trying to find out what type of stock should I order to replace the current. If I can mod this to accept a floor plate, that would be fantastic. I appreciate any knowledge anyone can share with me based on this. Thanks again!

Tony1776
01-07-2015, 10:08 PM
I have the 10FXP in a .243 Winchester. I have not taken it apart since I'm not planning on another stock at this point. Mainly just a reliable varmint gun that I don't have to worry about too much. Interesting note on the magazine. Makes me want to take it off and look but not tonight, g. That would be nice if you could mod it with a floor plate. Most of my rifles have a hinged plate except for this one and I'm fine with that. Hope you can get something figured out ....

Bigwhiskey
01-07-2015, 11:14 PM
Yeah the magazine thing is interesting. haha