PDA

View Full Version : converting a madel 111 DBM to internal mag

Bearguide444
01-07-2015, 12:19 PM
Sorry If this has been asked before. I am trying to convert my 111 LA DBM action to a internal magazine. I would like to know what I need to do to get this conversion done or if it is possiable to do with a model 111? if there is already a post explaining this please direct me to that post. thank you for your help and understanding if this has been previously addressed

Spectre236
01-07-2015, 04:50 PM
I believe this is possible. Depending on year of the rifle I would be willing to trade bottom metals and internal parts for your DBM type bottom metal and the parts. My serial number starts with a G and the internals were for a 300 WM but these are easy enough to change out depending on your cartridge. The bottom metal is the important part.

Inebriated
01-07-2015, 07:14 PM
All you need is the clip that holds the magazine body in place. I made one out of a paperclip when I put a Boyd's on my 111 '06, as rigged as it sounds, and it's served me for years.

You'll also likely need a longer front bolt than what came on your DBM stock. Other than that, you just pop the base off the magazine and put it in the new stock, and it'll work.

foxx
01-07-2015, 07:49 PM
Another question for you... before you do anything "rash"... is that a staggerfeed dbm or centerfeed? If it is staggerfeed (has a release button for the DBM in the SIDE of the stock) I would like to discuss with you privately your intentions for the hardware. ;)

Robinhood
01-07-2015, 09:13 PM
is that a stagger feed dbm or center feed?

This is the question to answer.

I don't know if I would trust any of these guys around here, they have an illness and will take advantage of you and your DBM.

Spectre236
01-07-2015, 09:21 PM
Hello again - In view of the posts following my original I am redrawing the offer and I did not mean to take advantage of anyone.

foxx
01-07-2015, 10:28 PM
I am not trying to take advantage of anyone either. In the past, many people changed their old style dbm's to blind mags and ditched their unneeded parts. I have a particular interest in those parts because I like converting blind mag to dbm. I stated my interest the way I did because I did not want to break any rules about soliciting outside of member classifieds. No offense intended towards anyone. Never intended to step on toes, either. My understanding was Spectre was interested in center feed dbm parts.

I will give Robinhood the benefit of the doubt here and assume he was joking, anyhow. :)