PDA

View Full Version : Boydes stocks

acemisser
01-06-2015, 07:37 PM
anyone hear any negative things about Boyds? I read that they do not send to NY state..Anyone know about this?

Plus I have not heard from them on my order as of two weeks ago...Whats up here..Some say they aren't getting their

orders and not hearing anything as well..They got my money,so now what? Any help on this will be appreciated...:deadhorse:

DrThunder88
01-07-2015, 03:03 AM
The holidays slowed down the process. I ordered on Dec 14th and received my stock on Jan 5th, which is longer than usual. At the time, there was a note on the website that stated all orders placed after a certain date (I don't remember which date) would not be processed until some other date. I suspect yours is in the backlog if you ordered right on or around Christmas.

I've bought half a dozen of their stocks since 2013 and have been mostly pleased, though I have noticed a trailing off in quality and value and will probably not buy from them in the future. I hope the difficulties I've had in even getting through to their customer service is not indicative of other problems.

rjtfroggy
01-07-2015, 11:30 AM
One other thing is they are going to need a new supplier for laminate as most makers will. The Rutland plywood plant burned to the ground back a few months ago and the owners were not sure if they were going to rebuild. Goggle it.

J.Baker
01-09-2015, 03:38 AM
Here's a novel idea - call Boyds and ask them. I swear, sometimes I wonder if people have forgotten how to use a telephone as a telephone in this age of email, internet and texting.

DrThunder88
01-09-2015, 04:33 AM
I have tried getting a hold of Boyds' customer service by telephone recently. It took me no fewer than 10 calls over two days to get someone on the phone, and the voicemail I left on Monday has still gone unanswered.

J.Baker
01-09-2015, 09:31 AM
That's another matter all together, but the point I was getting at was why ask random people on a forum who have no affiliation or connection to Boyds if they know what's going on with his order? Wasn't trying to ruffle any feathers, just pointing out the obvious that no one here is going to have an answer.

acemisser
01-09-2015, 10:48 AM
SORRY i UPSET YOU..I was only wondering if anyone had trouble with getting in touch and trouble with getting their order..
Like the man said no one answers...Are they still in business or what? Perhaps they should be removed from here if they arent in business..

wbm
01-09-2015, 12:23 PM
They are still in business but it is very difficult to get someone on the phone and they did not return my voice mail call or answer my emails.
Over a week since I ordered an "in stock" Prairie Hunter and no notice of any kind yet. Don't know exactly what the problem is but their previous outstanding customer service has gone North for sure.

foxx
01-09-2015, 03:10 PM
That certainly does not sound like the Boyds' I am (was?) familiar with. :(

J.Baker
01-09-2015, 10:54 PM
Only think I'm aware of is that they were having some major issues when they switched over to the new website a few months back, but whether any of this is related or not I have no clue (again, need to call them directly as they're the only ones who can answer such questions). That wouldn't have any effect on their answering the phone though.

foxx
01-09-2015, 11:07 PM
Sorry to "pile on", but I liked their old website better.

I do like their products, though. Have bought two thumbholes (right hand bolt, left hand stock), three Tacticools and a left/left Classic with checkering. According to their site, they don't make the right/lefts like they used to. I hope that's not the case, b/c I really like that configuration, and no one else but Richards does it, as far as I know.