PDA

View Full Version : Request for assistance on value

air2mud82
01-04-2015, 11:58 PM
Hi all,

My disclaimer up front -- this post will come across as very lazy and short-sighted, so my apologies up front. I post with good intentions!

Quick situation-- 90% of my bolt/precision weapon work has been on military precision and special purpose weapons - so I'll admit up front I'm a complete newbie to Savage bolt guns -- I haven't even posted an intro yet. I'm actually selling an AR pistol at the moment (for reference, value ~ $1300) and I have an opportunity to get a cash deal for it tomorrow morning. Tonight however, I was made an offer on the following spec gun:
- Savage 10 TR, 308/ 5r rifling/ 20" heavy threaded barrel w/ medieval brake
- Sightron III 6-24x55 Scope ( I estimate value to be in the vicinity of $650-750)

My dilemma is I really only have tomorrow, MAYBE the next day to take the guy with cash up on his offer, due to my work travel commitments. Taking all other factors out of the equation (what do I want to do with it, what is my experience, etc.) would the real-world VALUE of the 10 tr be comparable to the value of my gun, and are there any major "flags" about the TR model?

I owe my own research on its specs/capabilities (but PLEASE feel free to weigh in on that!), but just trying to get an assist with a purely monetary decision in the interim. In reality - I would love to have a gun that I can say is a true "1000 yard" gun, so I guess that is for consideration. I know, I know :p

Thanks ahead of time and God Bless America!

Cheers!

GaCop
01-10-2015, 09:21 AM
Welcome to the forums. Bottom line.....cash is always king and you can use it to buy exactly what you want.

Hotolds442
01-10-2015, 08:05 PM
When the 10TR was still available, it was way beyond reasonable price-wise. I remember seeing them right at $450-500 new. Comparing it to other guns in the Savage line-up it was an $800 gun with a $500 price tag. If I found one for $500 today I'd be all over it. Reports were that the 5R barrel shot lights-out with the correct loads, so I think you'd be happy making that trade. But, cash always trumps.....