PDA

View Full Version : 300 win mag at 1845yds...

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

Stockrex
01-08-2015, 09:34 PM
thanks...do you mind breaking down the parts list for your hit light system?

very nice system, I definitely need something like that to practice off hand.

let's see if my hard earned CSE degree can help me here:
1. vibration sensor (not sure if he is using a hard or soft sensor)
2. battery pack
3. delay timer circuit to keep the lamp on for a few seconds??
4. led lamp on stand

it will help us a bunch if you post the part#s please,

eddiesindian
01-08-2015, 10:01 PM
thanks...do you mind breaking down the parts list for your hit light system?

Its a basic car alarm system.
Back in the early to late 90,s, you could find either factory or non factory car alarm system almost anywhere. The alarms are triggered either thru motion/shock or on off swithcs via doors,trunk lids etc which in turns blares the siren and flashed headlamps.
The alarm pictured is wired to be set off by a motion/shock sensor (velcro,d with magnet at base) which in turn flashed the LED light for 30seconds then the module resets itself. After it resets, your good to go again.
The alarm consist of:
1- Ford alarm system module with shock sensor and wiring
2- 7.4 volt ni-cd rechargeable remote control car batteries wired in series to run the system on 14-16volts fully charged. Running the system at higher voltages increases the lumen at the LED bulbs
1- LED light which came off a city bus
thats it..............its not rockets sience...its real easy
I have 4 alarm systems. All will work on different size targets. The idea being is a simple set up and carry. I got tired of being dependent on somebody calling possible hits or miss,s. the phrase.. "well........ I think you hit target" grew old.
I have different alarm systems which can infact be simple hung on the back of the plate you have pictured LongRange, run the wire to the LED light and stand and bam!..your set...
Course you have to keep in mind that its better off if you have thick fire engine water hose of some sorts to hang the steel from becasue a bullet impacting the frame will in turn set off the alarm as well.
Its easy Long Range..............real easy.
It would comlpete your shooting venture especailly sending them out that far then being able to video them and confirming hits via the LED flashing. The camera doesnt lie.
I have a wireless video system that will reach out that far as well that will not only record onto the 1080 HD digital camcorder but also beam the signal to a lap top. Both lap top and camcorder are recording with software in the lap top which will let you rewind and replay your shooting venture.
Thats a hole different thing though.
Its awesume viewing your days worth of long range shooting on a big 52" HD tele with the surround sound on and the amplifier cranked to 11.

LongRange
01-08-2015, 10:15 PM
I am speechless, I can barely see at 300 yards,
how much of the plate is covered by the reticle?

at 25x you can just barely see a 3" yellow square on an 18"x18" target...ill try to get out this weekend and get a few pics through the scope from the same spot...it should be clear and the snow and smog/haze should be gone as well.

eddiesindian
01-08-2015, 10:18 PM
This is the inside of the alarm system.
It looks like a rats nest.....but its simple....real simple
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x88/eddies880/f06ea918-4f6b-4ac1-b6b9-b98351fd34b7_zpsb221b5de.jpg

eddiesindian
01-08-2015, 10:22 PM
at 25x you can just barely see a 3" yellow square on an 18"x18" target...ill try to get out this weekend and get a few pics through the scope from the same spot...it should be clear and the snow and smog/haze should be gone as well.

true that......makes a 18x18 look small.
I tell-ya......shooting distance becomes addictive. anything short range becomes boring

LongRange
01-08-2015, 10:24 PM
Its a basic car alarm system.
Back in the early to late 90,s, you could find either factory or non factory car alarm system almost anywhere. The alarms are triggered either thru motion/shock or on off swithcs via doors,trunk lids etc which in turns blares the siren and flashed headlamps.
The alarm pictured is wired to be set off by a motion/shock sensor (velcro,d with magnet at base) which in turn flashed the LED light for 30seconds then the module resets itself. After it resets, your good to go again.
The alarm consist of:
1- Ford alarm system module with shock sensor and wiring
2- 7.4 volt ni-cd rechargeable remote control car batteries wired in series to run the system on 14-16volts fully charged. Running the system at higher voltages increases the lumen at the LED bulbs
1- LED light which came off a city bus
thats it..............its not rockets sience...its real easy
I have 4 alarm systems. All will work on different size targets. The idea being is a simple set up and carry. I got tired of being dependent on somebody calling possible hits or miss,s. the phrase.. "well........ I think you hit target" grew old.
I have different alarm systems which can infact be simple hung on the back of the plate you have pictured LongRange, run the wire to the LED light and stand and bam!..your set...
Course you have to keep in mind that its better off if you have thick fire engine water hose of some sorts to hang the steel from becasue a bullet impacting the frame will in turn set off the alarm as well.
Its easy Long Range..............real easy.
It would comlpete your shooting venture especailly sending them out that far then being able to video them and confirming hits via the LED flashing. The camera doesnt lie.
I have a wireless video system that will reach out that far as well that will not only record onto the 1080 HD digital camcorder but also beam the signal to a lap top. Both lap top and camcorder are recording with software in the lap top which will let you rewind and replay your shooting venture.
Thats a hole different thing though.
Its awesume viewing your days worth of long range shooting on a big 52" HD tele with the surround sound on and the amplifier cranked to 11.

what would you charge for one of these set ups? after i see how its put together i can make my own from there. and i have a do it your self target cam plan but have never gotten around to putting it together...but it dont sound any where as nice as your set up.

LongRange
01-08-2015, 10:26 PM
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x88/eddies880/f06ea918-4f6b-4ac1-b6b9-b98351fd34b7_zpsb221b5de.jpg

so it looks like your using R/C car batteries?

upSLIDEdown
01-09-2015, 02:19 AM
Details on your target cam setup would be nice as well. I'm in the process of figuring out how I'm going to set mine up. Thinking about a Wifi bridge from target to shooting position. Then you could just view/record the feed from the network.

Looking at using a pair of Ubiquiti Nanostations, an IP camera, and 2 batteries. Problem is the batteries have to be pretty big to be able to run the setup for a day of shooting. If I only wanted to run them for a couple hours, it wouldn't be so bad.

LongRange
01-09-2015, 09:05 AM
Details on your target cam setup would be nice as well. I'm in the process of figuring out how I'm going to set mine up. Thinking about a Wifi bridge from target to shooting position. Then you could just view/record the feed from the network.

Looking at using a pair of Ubiquiti Nanostations, an IP camera, and 2 batteries. Problem is the batteries have to be pretty big to be able to run the setup for a day of shooting. If I only wanted to run them for a couple hours, it wouldn't be so bad.

would motorcycle/ATV batteries work?

yobuck
01-09-2015, 11:41 AM
If you guys are serious about hitting targets at extreme distances, get serious about how to go about it.
Its far more important to know why you missed which is frankly more likely. Especially with cartridges
like 300 wms at over a mile.

Stockrex
01-09-2015, 12:09 PM

beautiful, simple and effective,
2 requests pls:
1. part # of the alarm unit
2. pin diagram or tell us which pins for power and light etc pls.

Thanks!

eddiesindian
01-09-2015, 09:35 PM
what would you charge for one of these set ups? after i see how its put together i can make my own from there. and i have a do it your self target cam plan but have never gotten around to putting it together...but it dont sound any where as nice as your set up.

which set up......the hit alarm system or the wireless dig camcoder?

eddiesindian
01-09-2015, 09:37 PM
so it looks like your using R/C car batteries?

yes.. there small,portable,rechargable,affordable.

eddiesindian
01-09-2015, 09:54 PM
beautiful, simple and effective,
2 requests pls:
1. part # of the alarm unit
2. pin diagram or tell us which pins for power and light etc pls.

Thanks!
Ill have to get back to you on the part#.
I work at a Ford dealerhship and Ill have to have the partsman see if he can pull up the old part # .
wiring sch. is at back of module.
Ford came out with 3 different versions of car alarm systems and they all do something different.
what ive found is that it if its not the module pictured then theres a problem with the module not having the ability of reseting itself after 30 seconds without the use of the remote control.
I havent tried other manufactors of car alram systems but I know they,ll work.

eddiesindian
01-09-2015, 10:08 PM
So if im gettin all this right, the alarm goes off when you hit the intended target?
And if you miss, im also guessing nothing happens? If the alarm dosent go off, i guess its just assumed
you missed the target? I suppose its not yet perfected to the point it can tell you what you did hit, just what you didnt hit?
And maybe what you might need do to hit what you would really like to hit?
yes..the alarm goes off and flashed the led after direct hits to whatever target you,ve made keeping in mind that you have to make sure your shooting plate (if used) is suspended by some sort of fire engine hose,,garden house etc.. so that impacts to the frame wont set off the module.
In reality, I made it to not call shots but to affirm hits. no guess work...no spotting scopes.
If I really want to get down to the natts ass and am looking for patterns at long range Ill use the set up pictured. I prefer the hit ararm system though. Something about that LED flashing after hits at long distance.
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x88/eddies880/Wirelesscamsystem001_zps16582769.jpg

upSLIDEdown
01-10-2015, 03:22 AM
Interesting. What are you using for transmitters and such on the cam setup? To get the feed to the laptop.

eddiesindian
01-10-2015, 05:42 PM
Interesting. What are you using for transmitters and such on the cam setup? To get the feed to the laptop.

I found the wireless transmitter/reciever via the net on a site that sells security systems. there good out past 1 mile but they need a real good and clean line of site such that of where Longrange is tossing them out at. If you do find yourself with interference because of either rolling hills/trees etc then a booster/antenna for the transmitter is available.
I had the laptop along with the dig camcoder. The device that really dug into my pockets were infact the transmitter and reciever. the software was a mere 20 bucks off e-bay.

upSLIDEdown
01-10-2015, 06:00 PM
Yeah, I've been trying to figure out the best way to do that. Got a link to the transmitter/receiver by chance?

LongRange
01-10-2015, 06:17 PM
which set up......the hit alarm system or the wireless dig camcoder?

the hit system...ive got a target cam plan somewhere just need to find it and get the parts.

yobuck
01-10-2015, 06:56 PM
I guess the only thing that comes to my mind at least is the old time worn cliche (whatever floats your boat).
I do have at least some idea of the creativeness that went into building a device like this. And i can appriciate
the feeling it might give when you see it work as you had planned on it doing.
Trap shooters have the privelage of seeing the target burst before their eyes. Yet very serious trap shooters want
to know why they missed the targets they missed.
Ive seen video camera devices placed at the target also to indicate not only a hit but where on the target it hit. But again it shows nothing as to why it might have missed.
Misses at long range, regardless as to what has been said or written is a foregone conclusion to happen more often than not at extreme distances like those being discussed.
What to do about it for the next shot is the important factor. Im not talking about next time or next day but right now as soon as we can chamber another round.