PDA

View Full Version : Hello from NC!

BLev78
01-04-2015, 07:24 AM
Hello everyone, new member here doing the standard introduction.

I haven't shot a gun for a while until recently. When I moved to NC a while back I didn't know anywhere to shoot or anyone to go with so I kind of just lost interest. After a friend from work got a pistol and wanted someone to go to the range with I couldn't help but get excited about shooting again. I already own a Marlin 81-DL .22 and a Winchester model 50 20 gauge which were passed down from my dad but, .22 ammo is almost impossible to find here. I also wanted something that could shoot a little further and reload ammo for eventually. The 20 gauge I still plan to take for some clay shooting some day, but it looks to be missing a pin so I want to get that looked at first.

A couple weeks of looking through the web on different calibers and target rifles I bought my first new rifle, a Savage 11 VT .223. So far I've only been able to take it to the range once and most of the ammo I had was spent getting the scope on target but I had a blast just shooting again. Now I caught the bug though and really look forward to upgrading my skills and gun and seeing how far I can go. Not sure what I'm going to replace first but a bigger mag and a Boyd's stock look pretty tempting.

Anyway, I look forward to spending more time here. I'll probably have a lot of questions at first though so please be patient with me. :p

drybean
01-04-2015, 10:42 AM
Welcome aboard

Rick_W
01-04-2015, 02:51 PM
Welcome

ragsflh
01-05-2015, 07:50 AM
howdy