PDA

View Full Version : Bedding a Mossy Oak Brush camo stock on a 11 Trophy Predator Hunter

Old Medic
01-03-2015, 08:47 PM
Planning on getting an 11 Trophy Predator Hunter in 6.5 Creedmoor pretty soon. I hope the medium contour barrel shoots fairly well. My question is, has anyone bedded one of these stocks? How hard was it to free float the barrel in that stock? Is it worth it to try, or should I plan on getting a new one? Thanks.

azjim
01-06-2015, 08:03 PM
Can't answer your question, but just got a call from my FFL that mine arrived. The 6.5 was a little scarce in the predator 11.
Can't wait to shoot/ modify it. Stockys has the HS stock on " sale" for 350. Very tempting.....

Billy
01-07-2015, 10:19 PM
Can't answer your question, but just got a call from my FFL that mine arrived. The 6.5 was a little scarce in the predator 11.
Can't wait to shoot/ modify it. Stockys has the HS stock on " sale" for 350. Very tempting.....

Will this stock work with the Predator 11? I'm having trouble finding a stock that the vendor says will work with the bottom bolt release and no bottom metal. Thanks.

first strike
01-08-2015, 04:26 PM
if it's any help,just got a mcmillan game scout,blind mag. and side bolt release..minor file work for the bolt release and sear and it works fine..different length screws of course..
regards..Rich ,,[forgot to add i have bottom release and dbm]

wbm
01-08-2015, 07:14 PM
The Mossy Oak predator stock I have needs no bedding. It is a very good stock as is. If yours is the same I would shoot it first before I modified anything. Bedding, contrary to much popular belief, is not a mandatory ritual for all rifles.