PDA

View Full Version : Beware: 10FCP-SR has been changed

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Bimmer
06-08-2015, 11:02 AM
Even though the dealer's photo showed the rifle with the rail, mine didn't have one...

Something's wrong here... Did you buy it used? It should've come with the rail.

Ron Eagle Elk
06-08-2015, 02:18 PM
Nope, brand new in the box from Cabela's.

BoilerUP
06-08-2015, 02:28 PM
I had the same thing happen with a brand new 10TR a couple years ago.

Email or call Savage and they'll send you a scope rail free of charge.

Ron Eagle Elk
06-09-2015, 04:19 AM
Figured it was on me for not double checking the rifle before getting it home. Already have a rail installed and scope mounted.

tharival
06-23-2015, 09:05 AM
I have one of the original LE fcp-sr rifles and love it, although I have never been thrilled about the digital camo pattern.

When I saw the new ones I said too myself "what the hell did they do, this is no where near the same rifle."

I paid almost $1000 for mine new several years ago. I am wanting to get the bolt fluted and thinking about getting a chassis for it. Sorry to hear you have had bad luck with these new ones.

swadiver
06-29-2015, 04:07 PM
well, i bit the bullet and ordered a XLR Element chassis for my FCP-SR. i just could never get comfortable and fitted to the stock Accustock when used off the bench with front and rear rests. I have read nothing but good things about XLR industries chassis systems, so i have i hopes for this one

Finally got My XLR Element Chassis for my Model 10 FCP-SR. this thing is awesome. i never could get comfortable and fitted to the Accustock for bench rest shooting (my primary activity with this weapon). the chassis is very adjustable and it's easy to get it into the same position for every shot. the 10 is shooting very well after some headaches ie, the EGW HD scope rail kept coming loose (the two front screws) even after being blue loctited twice. i red loctited that sucker on and now it's fine. also my Millet scope rings were allowing some movement of the scope despite being torqued to spec ?????!!!!!!, so i added the Vortex matched precision set of rings and now that is fine as well.

the gun shoots better than me. getting into hand loading, and now i have seen some .33 to .50 inch 5 shot groups at 100 yards. i even have had a couple of .25 inch 4 shot groups as well. usually i average around .66 to .75 inch groups, all with 168 gr Sierra Matchkings or 168 gr Hornady Amax loads. still working on load development for both rounds, though.

i really like this weapon. paid $625 upfront for the rifle and the XLR chassis added another $750 or so. highly recommend the XLR. the chassis came in under three weeks and they are great to deal with. fit and finish is very nice.

http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b629/swadiver1/DSC06303_zpsnw8emef2.jpg (http://s1295.photobucket.com/user/swadiver1/media/DSC06303_zpsnw8emef2.jpg.html)

(http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b629/swadiver1/DSC06302_zpslbtdwsvm.jpg)http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b629/swadiver1/DSC06302_zpslbtdwsvm.jpg (http://s1295.photobucket.com/user/swadiver1/media/DSC06302_zpslbtdwsvm.jpg.html)

Twinsen
07-18-2015, 06:30 AM
I discovered it runs best if I run the bolt with my thumb on the left side and fingers along the handle.

I also discovered you can remove a chunk of your thumb by running the bolt like this and put some red into your camo pattern that dries into a crusty brown.

jwhy383
07-25-2015, 04:59 PM
Gentlemen,

Of course I stumbled across this post after I ordered my FCP-SR (sku #22441) like some of the guys I see on here. After a week of agony and waiting on UPS, my gun finally arrived a few days ago and I had it to the range today. Like most everyone else, my magazine sucks and the threads look a little bashed up on the barrel (I think the thread protector is to blame actually), but after a session at the range, I'm loving the rifle.

As this is my first savage, I will have to get used to the accu-trigger, but this is at least a 1/2 MOA gun for sure. I've got no issue with the accu-stock for the price of the gun. My rifle also came with a rail installed.

Dialed the gun in with 3 rounds. Can't wait for my next range trip. I've heard a few guys saying their rifles liked 168 gr - mine seemed to prefer the 150 gr Hornady SST.

swadiver
07-25-2015, 08:10 PM
[QUOTE=jwhy383;327097]Gentlemen,

Of course I stumbled across this post after I ordered my FCP-SR (sku #22441) like some of the guys I see on here. After a week of agony and waiting on UPS, my gun finally arrived a few days ago and I had it to the range today. Like most everyone else, my magazine sucks and the threads look a little bashed up on the barrel (I think the thread protector is to blame actually), but after a session at the range, I'm loving the rifle.

As this is my first savage, I will have to get used to the accu-trigger, but this is at least a 1/2 MOA gun for sure. I've got no issue with the accu-stock for the price of the gun. My rifle also came with a rail installed.

Dialed the gun in with 3 rounds. Can't wait for my next range trip. I've heard a few guys saying their rifles liked 168 gr - mine seemed to prefer the 150 gr Hornady SST.[/QUOTE

try the 155 gr Hornady Amax if you are reloading. sweet

jwhy383
07-26-2015, 08:07 PM
I'll be sure to give them, um, a shot! Thanks for the recommendation.

powderburnz
07-26-2015, 08:53 PM
[QUOTE=jwhy383;327097]Gentlemen,

Dialed the gun in with 3 rounds. Can't wait for my next range trip. I've heard a few guys saying their rifles liked 168 gr - mine seemed to prefer the 150 gr Hornady SST.[/QUOT

How is the magazine treating you? Can you load all ten? What's the serial number on the mag?

try the 155 gr Hornady Amax if you are reloading. sweet

How is the magazine treating you? Can you load all ten? What's the serial number on the mag?

jwhy383
07-26-2015, 09:16 PM
The magazine sn is 110307. I'd call it a 9ish rounder. I can get the tenth in, but it doesn't stay in proper position. The mag lips aren't really strong enough to hold the 10th round in place with the spring pressure fighting it. I know you definitely aren't getting it into the gun with a closed bolt and 10 rounds in it. I think it would be fine on an open bolt and most likely feed the out of position 10th round just fine. Maybe not. I didn't try it yet.

I think my first upgrade will be AI bottom metal and leave this whole magazine issue behind.

powderburnz
07-26-2015, 10:45 PM
The magazine sn is 110307. I'd call it a 9ish rounder. I can get the tenth in, but it doesn't stay in proper position. The mag lips aren't really strong enough to hold the 10th round in place with the spring pressure fighting it. I know you definitely aren't getting it into the gun with a closed bolt and 10 rounds in it. I think it would be fine on an open bolt and most likely feed the out of position 10th round just fine. Maybe not. I didn't try it yet.

I think my first upgrade will be AI bottom metal and leave this whole magazine issue behind.

Makes me mad I'm not getting what's advertised. I called them, they said there was a bad run of those mags. They apologized and sent me a new one. Ended up being the same mag, same number. I'll be calling them in the morning, I would hope you will too, the more calls the better.

PaShooter
08-16-2015, 10:40 PM
Hello all! First post here. I am considering the 10 fcp-sr models 22442 or 22441. Am i correct that if I bought one of these rifles and added the accurate mag bottom metal and 20 moa base it would basically be the same rifle (minus the digital camo of course) as the 2013 model?

also to anyone who owns this rifle would you recommend the 20" or 24" barrel. I do mostly target steel shooting. I was thinking about the 20" because I may add a suppressor in the future and didn't want a really long OAL barrel.

thanks everyone

Robinhood
08-16-2015, 11:13 PM
Every company in the states is either owned or will be owned by a wall street holding company. If you think quality is on their mind you are mistaken.

scmp
09-02-2015, 08:52 AM
Finally got My XLR Element Chassis for my Model 10 FCP-SR. this thing is awesome. i never could get comfortable and fitted to the Accustock for bench rest shooting (my primary activity with this weapon). the chassis is very adjustable and it's easy to get it into the same position for every shot. the 10 is shooting very well after some headaches ie, the EGW HD scope rail kept coming loose (the two front screws) even after being blue loctited twice. i red loctited that sucker on and now it's fine. also my Millet scope rings were allowing some movement of the scope despite being torqued to spec ?????!!!!!!, so i added the Vortex matched precision set of rings and now that is fine as well.

the gun shoots better than me. getting into hand loading, and now i have seen some .33 to .50 inch 5 shot groups at 100 yards. i even have had a couple of .25 inch 4 shot groups as well. usually i average around .66 to .75 inch groups, all with 168 gr Sierra Matchkings or 168 gr Hornady Amax loads. still working on load development for both rounds, though.

i really like this weapon. paid $625 upfront for the rifle and the XLR chassis added another $750 or so. highly recommend the XLR. the chassis came in under three weeks and they are great to deal with. fit and finish is very nice.

http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b629/swadiver1/DSC06303_zpsnw8emef2.jpg (http://s1295.photobucket.com/user/swadiver1/media/DSC06303_zpsnw8emef2.jpg.html)

(http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b629/swadiver1/DSC06302_zpslbtdwsvm.jpg)http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b629/swadiver1/DSC06302_zpslbtdwsvm.jpg (http://s1295.photobucket.com/user/swadiver1/media/DSC06302_zpslbtdwsvm.jpg.html)

I really like this setup. Can you please tell me what muzzle brake is installed and how do you like it? It appears to fit the barrel profile just right. What model is it, 20" or 24" barrel?

Thank you

Twinsen
09-03-2015, 01:03 AM
Hello all! First post here. I am considering the 10 fcp-sr models 22442 or 22441. Am i correct that if I bought one of these rifles and added the accurate mag bottom metal and 20 moa base it would basically be the same rifle (minus the digital camo of course) as the 2013 model?

I doubt the muzzle threading on the 2013 models was as bad as this. But maybe only mine were cut with a potato as a lathe bit.

also to anyone who owns this rifle would you recommend the 20" or 24" barrel. I do mostly target steel shooting. I was thinking about the 20" because I may add a suppressor in the future and didn't want a really long OAL barrel.

thanks everyone

I've migrated to a 24" barrel on everything because faster means easier. My Savage is a 20" barrel, and with a 9.5" suppressor, barely fits in all of my rifle cases. My 24" guns do not and I have to take the cans on and off for travel. HOWEVER, if the Savage accustock was not made with midget LOP, it wouldn't fit with the can on either. There's like 1 inch of space. So the moment I swap to a chassis or decent stock, it won't be an advantage anymore.

swadiver
09-04-2015, 08:10 AM
I really like this setup. Can you please tell me what muzzle brake is installed and how do you like it? It appears to fit the barrel profile just right. What model is it, 20" or 24" barrel?

Thank you

This is a 24" barrel. the muzzle brake is a Midwest Industries 5/8-24 threaded one. It is doing it's job of recoil reduction just fine. you can get this brake direct from Midwest Industries. I think it is still only $30

lastedtiger
09-12-2015, 08:26 PM
My experience has been different from what's posted in this thread:pirate: :
I recently purchased a savage 10 fcp-sr , 24 inch barrel, accustock.
The magazine that came with the gun feeds 10 rounds no problem, locks into place, no rattles. The 10th round sit a bit high in the mag but doesn't budge.
There is one interesting problem: If the bolt is closed while you insert the magazine(doesn't matter how many rounds are in the mag), only the first round will feed when you rock the bolt; the bolt will go over the following rounds unless you remove the mag and put it back. When i say"put it back'', i literally mean just remove the mag and put it right away without a need to jerk it or hit it.

tallan87
09-15-2015, 07:35 PM
Just picked up one of these and my magazine doesn't hold 10 either.