PDA

View Full Version : Beware: 10FCP-SR has been changed

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

swadiver
04-04-2015, 08:42 AM
question from a new to Savage guy. my 2015 model 10 FCP-SR, it obviously is a detachable mag (mag release not on the mag itself) and is it also "centerfeed"? (mag is attached to the stock, not the action, right?) i am looking at some aftermarket stocks like the Choate, but I am confused on which type will drop fit this rifle. they have ones that fit detachable mag models and separate models for centerfeed rifles. also any recommendations on good aftermarket stocks would be appreciated.

BoilerUP
04-04-2015, 08:46 AM
The Choate Tactical you would want is the 4.4" short action detach mag, 25-06-01.

The new Bell & Carlson M40 Medalist, sku 1014 (since the new FCP-SR is top bolt release), will also be a drop-in for your barreled action and bottom metal.

swadiver
04-04-2015, 10:55 AM
The Choate Tactical you would want is the 4.4" short action detach mag, 25-06-01.

The new Bell & Carlson M40 Medalist, sku 1014 (since the new FCP-SR is top bolt release), will also be a drop-in for your barreled action and bottom metal.

thank you much! any opinion on the better stock?

dirtrider
04-20-2015, 05:13 PM
I've been watching this thread for the past month or two. I usually purchase from Cabelas and was watching the web page updates. Did they update it again because I noticed a week or two ago it says NEW! and AccuStock in the title and description? The old non-AccuStock link no longer shows up if you search for 10 FCP-SR, however, the direct link is still accessible. Unfortunately no stores have any 10 FCP-SRs except for perhaps Alaska and those aren't available to be relocated.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Savage174-Arms-Model-10-FCP-SR-Tactical-Bolt-Action-Rifle/1969842.uts

Does anyone happen to know what is going on with stock on the 10 FCP-SR? I can't find them anywhere even online. I'd really like to get in on the rebate by the end of May and that works out perfectly for a law enforcement sniper class I have beginning of June. I'd rather not buy another remington 700 with dubious quality I'm hearing of lately plus I'd like to try that AccuTrigger too.

psode27
04-20-2015, 10:16 PM
Just an update. My setup was pretty weak my first range day, but you gotta do what you gotta do! I have a PST on the way, but it wasnt in yet, so I used a simmons white tail on extra high AR 1" rings because its all I had. My floating cheek weld proved difficult, but had touching rounds at 50yds. Thinking that would be good enough to get on paper, we went out to 200yds. First shot was on paper, second on paper, they were both left so I adjusted my scope. 2 clicks later, I was off paper and never saw my shots again. I didnt fiddle with it after that. I think the scope is crap, and there was so much compromise with the setup it was just a waste of time. I was setting up another rifle that day so I just packed it up. This was shooting the cheapest silver bear 308 I owned btw...
Rifle was mostly shot at 50yds, which isnt that impressive I realize but was a blast to shoot. My mag was loaded to 10 several times and was flawless. Hopefully I lucked out and all will be good with the magazine! The latch is a bit finicky, but I would put that more on the user than the rifle. I am pumped to put my PST/seekins rings on it and actually get it dialed in for real with good ammo!
My rifle is the 24" variant with the Acustock/Acutrigger. Its also my first real precision rifle and first Savage.

ryans658
04-23-2015, 11:42 AM
Hi everyone, was wandering through one of my local gun shops and saw a new "old" 10 FCP-SR. The downside is they charge $1199 :wacko:, but might have more than the 1 in the case. I've put 800 rounds through mine and she is a beaut. Cheers!

http://img1.findthebest.com/sites/default/files/495/media/images/Savage_10_FCP-SR_333129.jpg

Kkern
04-25-2015, 08:50 AM
$1199 ain't bad for NOS/NIB "the real deal" 10FCP-SR. Most "used" are going for that....if you can find one.
Just curious....what's the S/N on your purchase ?

Kkern
04-25-2015, 02:58 PM
Here's my Sav 10 FCP-SR S/N J121378 purchased in 2013.
KK

http://i1152.photobucket.com/albums/p487/keithkern/Savage%2010%20FCP-SR/IMG_2819_zpsgbo9tefn.jpg
http://i1152.photobucket.com/albums/p487/keithkern/Savage%2010%20FCP-SR/IMG_2818_zpszo7avf8a.jpg

ryans658
04-26-2015, 10:58 PM
Mine was purchased in Sep. 2013 with S/N 117147. The one at Franklin Gun Shop(franklin, TN), which is still in their case, was there before I purchased mine.

powderburnz
05-06-2015, 08:04 PM
I've been watching this thread for the past month or two. I usually purchase from Cabelas and was watching the web page updates. Did they update it again because I noticed a week or two ago it says NEW! and AccuStock in the title and description? The old non-AccuStock link no longer shows up if you search for 10 FCP-SR, however, the direct link is still accessible. Unfortunately no stores have any 10 FCP-SRs except for perhaps Alaska and those aren't available to be relocated.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Savage174-Arms-Model-10-FCP-SR-Tactical-Bolt-Action-Rifle/1969842.uts

Does anyone happen to know what is going on with stock on the 10 FCP-SR? I can't find them anywhere even online. I'd really like to get in on the rebate by the end of May and that works out perfectly for a law enforcement sniper class I have beginning of June. I'd rather not buy another remington 700 with dubious quality I'm hearing of lately plus I'd like to try that AccuTrigger too.

I just got off the phone with savage earlier. They said 2 weeks with improved magazine. Little stores will still have a hard time getting them he said. He also said they have a "special" relationship with cabelas and will satisfy them first. Not fair, I want to do business with my little sport shop.

dirtrider
05-07-2015, 01:01 AM
I just got off the phone with savage earlier. They said 2 weeks with improved magazine. Little stores will still have a hard time getting them he said. He also said they have a "special" relationship with cabelas and will satisfy them first. Not fair, I want to do business with my little sport shop.

Great news. I really hope it is just 2 weeks. Thank you for the update. I'm sure your local store will be able to easily get some as soon as the distribution channels fill up again. The manufacturing delay is the big thing.

Philspils
05-17-2015, 10:35 AM
I picked up the accustock version from Tooele couple months back, Had trouble with the mag and talked to savage about it, at the time the mag was back ordered, but it showed up here about a week ago. invoice showed the part # for the mag as 'new spring' Havent tried it out yet, but atleast production should be up and going again. Of the 50rds I have through mine, it is a .5 moa gun.

dirtrider
05-17-2015, 01:27 PM
Just ordered one from Tooele. They had 6 come in the past week and sold out in short order. Hopefully all new models with the updates....whatever they are. If it's just a magazine spring then that's good for the rest of you since that can be easily changed. With the rebate it sounds like quite a deal.

Im probably going to put a Vortex Razor HD Gen II 4.5-27x56 on it.

Philspils- did you have to get a scope rail? If so what did you get?

nickr917
05-20-2015, 03:11 AM
Can anyone clarify for me the difference between the 10FCP-SR sold by Cabela's and 10FCP-SR you might buy anywhere else (if you can find them that is)? As far as I can tell the only difference is the price, which I assume is lower at Cabela's due to volume discounts.

powderburnz
05-20-2015, 11:16 PM
Can anyone clarify for me the difference between the 10FCP-SR sold by Cabela's and 10FCP-SR you might buy anywhere else (if you can find them that is)? As far as I can tell the only difference is the price, which I assume is lower at Cabela's due to volume discounts.

Some of the Cabelas models do not have the accustock. 22441 is the number you need to know, accutrigger and accustock. Look at the numbers on the Savage website before you shop.

swadiver
05-27-2015, 12:14 PM
question from a new to Savage guy. my 2015 model 10 FCP-SR, it obviously is a detachable mag (mag release not on the mag itself) and is it also "centerfeed"? (mag is attached to the stock, not the action, right?) i am looking at some aftermarket stocks like the Choate, but I am confused on which type will drop fit this rifle. they have ones that fit detachable mag models and separate models for centerfeed rifles. also any recommendations on good aftermarket stocks would be appreciated.

well, i bit the bullet and ordered a XLR Element chassis for my FCP-SR. i just could never get comfortable and fitted to the stock Accustock when used off the bench with front and rear rests. I have read nothing but good things about XLR industries chassis systems, so i have i hopes for this one

Philspils
06-02-2015, 05:39 PM
Philspils- did you have to get a scope rail? If so what did you get?

Mine came with the rail, haven't tried out the new mag yet, still kind thinking the gun is too big for prairie dogs. If you crank the accutrigger all the way out it is too soft, just dragging the side of your finger while pulling in the safety tang will safety the trigger out. Screwed it in a turn or two and its still under 2lbs and no more recharging the trigger.

Ron Eagle Elk
06-06-2015, 08:47 PM
I really do wish I'd joined this forum before I bought my Model 10 FCP-SR in .308. Even though the dealer's photo showed the rifle with the rail, mine didn't have one, it also had the Savage bottom metal and half plastic, half metal magazine. The stock is just flimsy, so I'm pretty sure it's not the accu-stock. I bought a 20 MOA rail and mounted it, then mounted and bore sighted a Vortex Viper 6.5-25 X 50 scope. Took it to the range with some loads for a ladder test. The gun would shoot .5 MOA at 100 yards with 44.5 grains of IMR 4064 under 168 Grain Sierra Match Kings. I wound up feeding the rifle single shot as the Savage magazine would fail to feed or just fall out of the rifle while shooting. I ordered the bottom metal from Accurate Mag. I believe it's the bottom metal that was on the good FCP-SR. The bottom metal comes with a 10 round magazine, but I ordered an extra magazine. The bottom metal was a drop in, though it did require longer action screws, so I made a trip to the local hardware store. I also had to use the original trigger guard as it has a cutout that affects the bolt release. The rifle now feeds just fine and the magazine doesn't fall out anymore.

Next project is a B&C stock, probably the M40 style stock. Sort of what I'm used to shooting.

I have to say that the trigger on this rifle is superb, easily as good as the Timney triggers on my Remington model 700s.

I'm really disappointed that I have to spend so much money to get a rifle I want. Then again, I bought it so I could play with it to see how good a shooter I could build. Oh well.

Bimmer
06-07-2015, 03:40 AM
The stock is just flimsy, so I'm pretty sure it's not the accu-stock.

Duh, take a good look at it. You can see the aluminum bedding on an AccuStock.

Ron Eagle Elk
06-07-2015, 11:09 AM
Duh, take a good look at it. You can see the aluminum bedding on an AccuStock.

Now why didn't I think of that.