PDA

View Full Version : Beware: 10FCP-SR has been changed

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Twinsen
03-04-2015, 03:42 PM
Got mine under 1 MOA. Added 5 hundredths to OAL maximum (because OAL is inconsistent with BTHP so I go by max of several rounds) and went to within a grain of max charge. 0.87" The new load is more accurate in my other rifle as well.

The bad news is I dumped another 8 pounds of powder. I thought 1500 SMKs was enough to shoot for a while. But nooo-ooo.

foxx
03-04-2015, 05:58 PM
What do you mean you "dumped" another 8 lbs of pounder? You didn't spill it, did you? Or you shot it THAT much?

Twinsen
03-04-2015, 06:42 PM
ROFL No, I didn't spill any.

Jdm160
03-04-2015, 07:55 PM
I was able to get some sub-MOA groups with my new 10FCP-SR on factory reloaded ammo. I can't believe how different ammo shoots! But I've found some that my gun really likes at least.

Check it out in the range forum: http://www.savageshooters.com/showthread.php?42395-First-100yd-shots-with-my-new-Savage-10FCP-SR-in-308

Psw757
03-05-2015, 11:04 AM
I've been trying to track down last years model with the camo stock, anyone see any of these out there? New or used. I know I can get a 10 PC in the camo but I am wanting the fluted barrel and DBM and not the savage 4 rounder the pc comes with.

thanks

brianlpowers
03-05-2015, 05:57 PM
I was actually looking into buying this new version of the 10 FCP-SR. After reading reviews of the previous generation of this rifle, I was very interested in this newer and supposedly improved version.
After reading your post, I sucked it up and went for the 10 FCP McMillan - I'm glad that your misfortune with this rifle was able to steer me away from it.

swadiver
03-05-2015, 06:06 PM
I was actually looking into buying this new version of the 10 FCP-SR. After reading reviews of the previous generation of this rifle, I was very interested in this newer and supposedly improved version.
After reading your post, I sucked it up and went for the 10 FCP McMillan - I'm glad that your misfortune with this rifle was able to steer me away from it.

I am curious, why glad? if you get the right version of the rifle (the non Cabelas bargain basement model) it is a fine shooter. at $625, even if you want Accuracy International bottom metal and mags, it is still quite cheaper than the 10 FCP McMillian (which i am sure is a fine rifle)

psode27
03-06-2015, 01:43 PM
I am curious, why glad? if you get the right version of the rifle (the non Cabelas bargain basement model) it is a fine shooter. at $625, even if you want Accuracy International bottom metal and mags, it is still quite cheaper than the 10 FCP McMillian (which i am sure is a fine rifle)
That was my feeling. Its cheap and sounds like it shoots well. IF the need arises (it will Haha) to upgrade to aics rbm its still not terribly expensive. Honestly I think if I look for improvements later on, the chassis option that already in operates the AICS mags probably makes more sense. While I'm not thrilled about the savage mags, they will probably work well enough in the mean time.
That being said, I don't think you can go wrong either way by the sounds of it! The McMillans look awesome, enjoy your rifle!

cs87
03-06-2015, 10:28 PM
Hi all, new to the forum and to savages/bolt guns in general. I've been doing some research on these and have seen the good and bad from this 2015 model from everyone's reviews and experiences. I am currently on a waiting list at Cabelas for the cheaper non-accustock model at the sale price, if I end up going through with this I plan on getting a new stock for it and probably the upgraded bottom metal/mag; this will be mainly a target/range rifle with possible hunting in its future. My question to everyone with some more experience is: would these upgrades fit right on with no/minimal problems and make this rifle more reliable with minimal work? Or should I just try to find one with the accustock as its only $100 more and leave it as is or would I still want to do the bottom metal upgrade? I've figured the price on either route would be about the same in the end depending on what stock I decide on and with adding the bottom metal to both. sorry for all the questions just trying to get my facts in order before making a purchase I may regret later though it seems people with the accustock model are pretty happy, so is it just the stock thats the problem or worse parts in general? Thanks in advance for the help.

raygun
03-06-2015, 11:57 PM
dude just get the accustock model … the only thing I've done is changed the bottom metal and I've had no issues . Find what ammo your rifle likes and you'll be fine . like I've stated mine loves Portuguese 147 grain .

Bimmer
03-10-2015, 10:21 PM
I have mine, and I finally took it out and shot it last week.

I'm generally happy with it. FGMM groups at under an inch at 100yds. With the rebate, it'll have cost me less than $520 shipped, plus FFL fees and taxes (Welcome to the People's Republic of California).

Like everybody says, the magazine is a POS. It was about 50% feeding... I finally gave up and used it as a single shot. I've just bought an OEM Savage 4-round mag (fits perfectly), and I'm hoping for better results.

swadiver
03-11-2015, 06:03 PM
I have mine, and I finally took it out and shot it last week.

I'm generally happy with it. FGMM groups at under an inch at 100yds. With the rebate, it'll have cost me less than $520 shipped, plus FFL fees and taxes (Welcome to the People's Republic of California).

Like everybody says, the magazine is a POS. It was about 50% feeding... I finally gave up and used it as a single shot. I've just bought an OEM Savage 4-round mag (fits perfectly), and I'm hoping for better results.

my stock 10 rd mag seems to be feeding better with useage on it. also, getting it seated properly is a little tricky but makes a big difference how it feeds. for my purposes, slow fire from the bench, it will do, for now. eventually, i would rather put the $200 for a bottom metal and mag upgrade towards a chassis, maybe.

Bimmer
03-12-2015, 03:37 PM
... i would rather put the $200 for a bottom metal and mag upgrade towards a chassis, maybe.

I'm going to wait and see if/when MagPul makes bottom metal (bottom polymer?) for Savages. Their bottom metal (polymer!) for their R700 stock can be used without their stock...

miscverb
03-15-2015, 12:06 PM
dude just get the accustock model … the only thing I've done is changed the bottom metal and I've had no issues . Find what ammo your rifle likes and you'll be fine . like I've stated mine loves Portuguese 147 grain .

getting into the savage line, what do you mean when you say "changed the bottom metal"?

BoilerUP
03-15-2015, 12:45 PM
I'm going to wait and see if/when MagPul makes bottom metal (bottom polymer?) for Savages. Their bottom metal (polymer!) for their R700 stock can be used without their stock...

Source of the Magpul DBM not requiring their Hunter stock? First I've heard of that...

What inlet would it use?

miscverb
03-15-2015, 08:56 PM
hey guys the accurate mag comes with the replacement screws . i had to trim mine down , they were too long , easy install and now i can comfortably load 10 rounds . i have the 22441 model .

i have the 22441 as well. can you tell me what exact parts you ordered and installed and what exact magazines you are using/referring too?

BigDave
03-15-2015, 11:09 PM
Sorry. I refused to buy this cheapened version of the original 10 FCP-SR. It took me a while, but I finally found a 2013 model online NIB for $800. I just got it. I looked it over with a magnifying glass. She's is "as advertised." No signs of having a single round fired after it was tested and shipped from the factory.

It has a gorgeous Accurate Mag 10 round magazine and an AM bottom metal. The threads on the barrel muzzle are precision machined. I will post my unboxing review/impressions in this sub forum. Look for it.

TheBest
03-15-2015, 11:55 PM
Sorry. I refused to buy this cheapened version of the original 10 FCP-SR. It took me a while, but I finally found a 2013 model online NIB for $800. I just got it. I looked it over with a magnifying glass. She's is "as advertised." No signs of having a single round fired after it was tested and shipped from the factory.

It has a gorgeous Accurate Mag 10 round magazine and an AM bottom metal. The threads on the barrel muzzle are precision machined. I will post my unboxing review/impressions in this sub forum. Look for it.

Watch out for this defect! http://www.savageshooters.com/showthread.php?42102-P-A-M11-Brake-Failure-Who-s-the-culprit-Savage-Vs-P-A-Help!!!

BigDave
03-16-2015, 01:32 AM
Watch out for this defect! http://www.savageshooters.com/showthread.php?42102-P-A-M11-Brake-Failure-Who-s-the-culprit-Savage-Vs-P-A-Help!!!

Ah! Thank you. Quite an interesting and informative thread. I did not know about this! And I have the same H series (2012/2013) the thread starter has. I have heard several issues about poor threads on the 2015 version too. Defects are not endemic to any one model. Its the chance we take for buying production rifles vs a high dollar hand made version. One good thing is that my threads seem exceptionally well cut. The thread protector lines up 100% perfectly with the barrel. I dont think I need a gunsmith just yet. I will CAREFULLY check the alignment with the GRIZZLY muzzle break I intend to buy for my rifle. Fingers crossed.I will make good use of your warning. Thanks again.

Guys, please read my unboxing and initial impressions of my 2012/2013 never fired 10 FCP-SR in the 110 section (this sub forum/section)
http://www.savageshooters.com/showthread.php?42872-My-2013-NIB-10-FCP-SR

miscverb
03-16-2015, 06:31 AM

what makes the 2015 a cheapened version? assuming you mean the 2015 model 10 fcp-sr.