PDA

View Full Version : Cabelas Model 10FCP-SR?

Utah Shooter
01-01-2015, 11:24 PM
I went into Cabelas yesterday and a rifle really caught my eye. I forgot the model number so I called them up today. He said that it was a 10FCP-SR. So I looked those up online and found some but they all had a digital camo stock whereas this one at Cabelas did not. It does not have a 10 round magazine either. It did have a 20" barrel, fluted and threaded on the end. Looked more like the one pictured here. http://www.savageshooters.com/showthread.php?25377-Savage-10-TR-details/page4

I guess my question would be does anyone know if the model from Cabelas has the Accustock? I called them, not to be rude but it really seemed the guy had no clue what he was talking about. Thank you in advance.

Twinsen
01-02-2015, 07:53 AM
Get the model number. I picked up a 22442 recently because it was advertised as a 10 FCP-SR. I'm quite disappointed in the extended magazine and barrel threads. If the Cabela's one has a normal magazine, that's a plus.

Hotolds442
01-02-2015, 11:18 PM
Get the model number. I picked up a 22442 recently because it was advertised as a 10 FCP-SR. I'm quite disappointed in the extended magazine and barrel threads. If the Cabela's one has a normal magazine, that's a plus.
If you're not wanting barrel threads, the SR designation indicates that the rifle is supressor ready, meaning that all of the SR models will have threaded barrels. Complaining about it being equipped with a threaded barrel is akin to buying a Chevy and then complaining that it has a Chevy emblem on the grille.

Twinsen
01-03-2015, 09:58 AM
I bought it to use with my silencer. I put the silencer on, wrenched it down tight, fired one shot, and the silencer was more than a half revolution off the shoulder. While half a revolution off the shoulder, it rattles around. The threads were cut with a potato. I tried it with just the thread protector on. Same story. Best bet is to threadlock/glue the thread protector on.

To explain the extended magazine comment, it is also bad.

wbm
01-03-2015, 10:42 AM
Could be your silencer threads were cut with a potato. Just sayin.

Twinsen
01-03-2015, 11:13 AM
Nah. It works fine on my FN and Mossberg.

ETA: And my AR cut by ADCO.