PDA

View Full Version : New from VA

sdm_
12-31-2014, 12:51 PM
Hello,
I got here by seeing this placed mentioned on other sites. I'm hoping to put together a new rifle, with the main purpose being for use deer hunting, but I also want to just shoot it as my rifle skill has fell off way too much. I used to spend a lot of time shooting groundhogs, but I've since found that I really like practical pistol shooting. I've become the guy who maybe checks their scope in October, but doesn't pick up the rifle before opening day. I'm not a gunsmith but a I like to tinker and I do the majority of work to my pistols. It seems the ease of putting a Savage together fits nicely with my desire to do the work myself and my skill level. I hope to learn a lot here...

Since I last gave much attention to rifles, there seems to have been an explosion of 6.5mm cartridges introduced. My old 6.5x55 seems to have been ahead of it's time. But, I like it and the new gun will likely have the same chamber. I'm going to spend some more time reading old threads and trying to avoid information overload. I'm sure at some point I'll get things narrowed down to the point that I ask some specific questions. In the mean time if you've got questions about practical pistols, hit me up. I'd love to try to help.

Seth

drybean
12-31-2014, 01:02 PM
Welcome aboard

Rick_W
12-31-2014, 03:34 PM
Welcome

ragsflh
01-01-2015, 06:50 AM
howdy