PDA

View Full Version : new addition to my savage line

lal357
04-27-2010, 06:22 PM
found this at a pawn shop not to thrilled about the scope but i can change that later
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b104/lal357/savagetarget002.jpg

model 12 target rh bolt lh feed single shot with target accutrigger

Uncle Jack
04-27-2010, 06:52 PM
Nice pick up. What's with the red trigger?

uj

lal357
04-27-2010, 07:07 PM
its the target version of the accutrigger this goes down to around 8 oz. vs my varment one that is set at 1.5 lbs.

Uncle Jack
04-27-2010, 07:14 PM
Thank you. I did not know that.

uj

pdog06
04-27-2010, 07:23 PM
Big question........ How good a deal did ya get? Ya know you cant leave out that detail. And what caliber is it?

lal357
04-27-2010, 07:45 PM
850.00 out the door its came with the hard case its sitting on has a harris bi-pod, hs-precision stock and a soon to be gone vector optics 10x50 mil dot ir with side objective . thinking about putting something like a 8x32x40 or 50 like i have on my tigershark . thing i cant figure out is on savages website they show there 26" barrel as fluted mines solid and measures 1.007 at the muzzle cant get to the base because of the scope .trigger feels at about 12 right now

woosum
04-27-2010, 08:55 PM
Prolly last years, or an older model.....I'm lookin at the same one....223....RT Bolt, LT port only....also no flutes. Is your barrel 26 or 30 inches?

lucy123
04-27-2010, 09:02 PM
That is one good looking riflle.

Danley
04-27-2010, 11:22 PM
Nice find. All thats in the pawn shops around here is over priced wore out junk. .... Looks Good !!

lal357
04-28-2010, 05:01 AM
Prolly last years, or an older model.....I'm lookin at the same one....223....RT Bolt, LT port only....also no flutes. Is your barrel 26 or 30 inches?

its 26"

Nice find. All thats in the pawn shops around here is over priced wore out junk. .... Looks Good !!

yeah they wanted 1100.00 for it when i looked at it .i called them back and asked them what their bottom cash price out the door would be and told them how much a new one cost and they came up with that price . i didnt think it was to bad a price for what i got now its time to figure out a scope for it i know it will be limited to 300yrds max (longest range i have around here so i'm thinking something in a 6x20/24x50mm or 8x32x40/50mm .i've been a bushnell fan for years but have been thinking about changing it up and trying something new just not sure what brand something in the 300-500 range would be great looks like its time to start comparing scopes (vortex,millet,burris,or a leupold come to mind first).

GaCop
04-28-2010, 05:46 AM
Give the 8X32X50 Vortex Crossfire a try. I've got one with the 30mm tube on my 6mm BR and really like it.

lal357
04-28-2010, 07:03 AM
i was thinking about the viper for right now i just ordered a bulz-eye-pro comp series till i decide what one i want figured i could put it on my .22 plinker that has a 4x on it now after i'm done with it

pdog06
04-28-2010, 07:40 AM
The non fluted ones are a last year or older model. I actually like them better as far as looks go. If it makes you feel any better a Cabelas here has the same one on a clearance rack for 1150 :o. Still cant figure out how that was a clearance price ::)

Not a bad deal at all. I just bought an LRPV 22-250 off a local guy with 150 rounds thru it for $750 with a new Tasco Varmint scope on it. Sold the scope for $50. But considering yours came with the Harris bipod and that case that is close to the same cost for just the rifle. Either is a far cry from the CLEARANCE one at Cabelas ::) :D

WaltherP99
04-28-2010, 09:11 AM
Nice grab lal357!

I just bought an LRPV 22-250 off a local guy with 150 rounds thru it for $750 with a new Tasco Varmint scope on it.

Ya got a great deal on that one! :) Nice looking rifle! Still wish he would have been interested in a trade!

King Ghidora
04-28-2010, 11:45 PM
Hey you bought my rifle! That's an LRPV from 2007 most likely. Call Savage if you really want to know. I just bought one last week myself. I had to pay $900 for mine but I got a deal on some other stuff so the true price was about $850 and mine had only been fired a very few times.

They are fantastic rifles IMO. Did you say what caliber yours is? Mine is a .223. I zeroed mine at 100 yards a few days ago and it was shooting MOA with no problem at all. I'm sure it will do much better than that in the right hands. Many of those rifles shoot in the .3 range at 100 yards. It's just a matter of finding the right load mainly but they will shoot factory ammo quite well too.

I didn't get a scope or a bipod but rifles like that are hard to come by in my area. I started to order a new F/TR but I got to thinking the plastic cheek rest would likely develop cracks in a few years and finding a replacement might be really tough. So I went ahead and got the LRPV. I'm not the least bit unhappy with it. I know I paid a little more than most do but the same shop gave me an excellent deal on another gun last year so I didn't mind paying a little more for mine because it's obvious it hasn't been fired more than a few times. It's just impossible to get the powder out of some places and you can tell how many times a gun has been fired by how much buildup is in those nooks and crannies. They didn't even clean the bore so I know they didn't try to clean the trigger action. And yes I cleaned it before I bought it. I also got a warranty on it including an accuracy warranty.

I'm very happy with mine. It shoots like a dream. Once you get it lined up there ain't no heartbeat stuff going to knock it off line. It's too heavy for that. I'll be taking it out to try it out to 400 yards in a few days. I really need a better scope on it. I'm thinking about putting my Weaver 36X on it but for now I hate to take that scope off my MkIIBTV. I shoot some competitions with that rifle. They're factory class contests. That's the good thing about the LRPV. It's very hard to beat a gun like that in a factory gun shoot. Very hard.

lal357
04-29-2010, 06:50 AM
congrats back to ya on your find .mine is .223 also and i have have been looking over my collection of .223 heads to see what i can work up for this one .i took some cartridge lengths last night with my hornady OAL gage and settled up on some 62gr.ers i have thinking about hitting basspro shops up tonight for some 69-75 gr heads .for powder i'm giong to run the usual gambit of rl-15,h335,and varget and load some up touching the lands then backing them off in .003 increments until i find what it likes .i hope it shoots as good or better than my 308 tigershark (it runs .5-.3 groups at a 100yrds) i think it will be a good shooter.
as for scopes i started looking yesterday checked out nitrex,nightforce and swavarski (sp) buts gonna be a long process before i seetle on what one .bad thing is i can make it to the range till next weekend to see what it will do .