PDA

View Full Version : Desperately seeking Savage 11 mainspring / cocking piece lock washer

Procule
12-30-2014, 05:59 PM
Good day fellas,

I recently had some serious misfortunes with a gunsmith.
I had my Savage 11 308 bolt timed. First rifle ever to have gotten a timing job.
Long story short the gunsmith destroyed my bolt. The timing is wrong with extreme effort to cam over to cock the bolt. The cocking piece lock washer has also shattered and the main spring seems its softer and or the wrong mainspring.

Gunsmith refuses to take responsibility and no longer responds to emails.

I am located in Canada, So fgw_in_fla ( long time member of saveshooter ) is willing to take the parts for me with in the lower 50 and forward them to me in Canada if some one wishes to help but doesn't want to send them directly to me.

I have yet to decide if I will buy a factory savage bolt body or buy one from PTG or SSS. Only real difference is price and visual.
I assume the aftermarket ones will require head space verification and the factory bolt body will not?

I am begging any one with a spare to help me out, Savage 11 short action 308 cocking piece lock washer and mainspring as depicted in this picture.
http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p563/RedSoloCup/SavageFiringPinwithDiscriptionsanddisassembled3-2012ng.jpg

Thanks to every one!

fgw_in_fla
12-30-2014, 07:14 PM
Can somebody here hook up my Canadian friend?
I have the funny looking washer with the "D" shaped hole cut in it. He needs the short action firing pin spring.
Anyone have an extra they can spare? If so, PM me & send it to me. I'll send both pieces to him.

Thanks in advance.

Happy New Year, too.
(Please God, let it be better than 2014....)
Frank in Fla

BillPa
12-30-2014, 08:05 PM
I think I have a spare out in the shop. If I do you Porcule is more than welcome to it. Give me a minute or two...,,,BRB,

BillPa
12-30-2014, 08:07 PM
Yep, got one. Shoot me PM.

fgw_in_fla
12-30-2014, 08:42 PM
Bill,
Empty your PM box.
Its full to capacity and about to leak....

BillPa
12-30-2014, 08:59 PM
Bill,
Empty your PM box.
Its full to capacity and about to leak....

Got it plugged, no leaky no mo.

Procule
12-30-2014, 09:41 PM
Thanks guys, I am PMing accordingly!
Much appreciated!!

fgw_in_fla
12-30-2014, 09:58 PM
Thanks guys, I am PMing accordingly!
Much appreciated!!

You ain't PMing nobody until you empty that PM box.

Thanks.

Procule
12-30-2014, 10:29 PM
LOL, I didn't notice my inbox was full, Thanks for the heads up.

Robinhood
01-03-2015, 11:47 PM
Often if you just change the bolt body the head space will be fine, You may look for primary extraction issues though.

Procule
01-16-2015, 09:14 AM
A VERY BIG THANK YOU to both Frank and Bill for sourcing parts and delivering them to my sick savage 11.
I owe you guys !

Love this board and the kind souls it harbours.

Thanks