PDA

View Full Version : 1.5 Mile ELR Rig: 338 Edge

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

yobuck
01-27-2015, 02:10 PM
Id be getting the clarity of the reticle fixed and that should take care of that.
As for parralex do the best you can still keeping a clear image.
Then concentrate on keeping the same cheek location.
Then hope you get the bear instead of him getting you. lol

LoneWolf
01-27-2015, 02:47 PM
The SWFA SS line is an entry level scope. For what you are trying to do, you're going to best spend your money on more scope. SWFA's HD line would help or another PST is about the lowest quality I would start at. The Bushnell Elite HDMR 3.5-21 for $1300 is probably the best option and minimal price paid for quality and reliability on that big rig. I know it's hard to spend that much money, but I don't see why guys continue to try and run these entry level optics for serious range work and wonder why they're frustrated.

I love the SWFA, but after upgrading to a Razor HD, I don't even like looking through it anymore.

yobuck
01-27-2015, 03:45 PM
All these things will become self evident. But at this point he's just anxious to take it on a ride around the block.

upSLIDEdown
01-27-2015, 07:21 PM
Exactly. I understand it's limitations. I'm not an idiot. Lol

I love my PST, and will love a Razor HD even more when I have the cash.

Both options you suggested are out. They don't have enough elevation. I need at least 32 mils, preferably 35. My SS has 32, and I hold under 3 mils to get it on at 100yds.

guhunter
02-15-2015, 11:35 PM
Where are you getting your stocks? I've seen these on a few builds recently but I can't seem to find them on Boyds site.

upSLIDEdown
02-16-2015, 01:56 AM
Called the Boyds Pro Varmint