300 yard
target shooting or not..thanks...

GaryB
12-30-2014, 04:17 PM
Here ya go...

http://www.savageshooters.com/showthread.php?36414-ER-Shaw-barrels

Robinhood
12-30-2014, 08:48 PM
It was my experience that Gun Shack sells their rejects. But after they rework it 2 or three times they can be shooters.

darkker
01-04-2015, 01:31 PM
I thought I posted here about it as well, but now I'm not sure...
I bought a ER Shaw from Gunshack this year, and did a series of posts about it. Most people get wound-up about minor things, which was part of my postings. My barrel had a slight tight spot when cleaning for the first time. That Creedmoor barrel has been shooting to a mile all summer long. This is my 3rd Shaw that will hold MOA well beyond 1k over a decades time. So, I guess I would say it this way:
If I bought a $300+ barrel that will hold moa to a mile, or one of my $150 Shaw barrels which do the same thing; which barrel am I going to feel bad about?
If I actually thought that I was going to be in the top 3 shooters in the PRS, then don't cheap out on a barrel. If I realize I'm not, and can accomplish the same accuracy goals by spending 50% less...

lskok
01-13-2015, 09:58 AM
It was my experience that Gun Shack sells their rejects. But after they rework it 2 or three times they can be shooters.

Gun Shack does not sell ER Shaw "rejects". All of our barrels we order from ER Shaw are made to the same standards as any of the other barrels they produce.