PDA

View Full Version : 12 fv upgrades?

hunter1203
12-29-2014, 09:12 PM
bought a 12 fv in 22-250 would like to upgrade and improve accuracy where should I start?

bootsmcguire
12-29-2014, 09:32 PM
Best advice I can give is to go shoot it, and the let the rifle tell you what it needs.

But:

- be sure to put decent optics on it for the intended purpose.
- a stock upgrade will probably yield you a noticeable gain.
- If you don't already handload your own ammo, I would start. Handloading is the best way to squeeze all the potential out of your rifle.
- Be sure the barrel is free floating (in the factory stock and/or any new ones).

All of that said, all of the 12FV's I have had (204, 223, 22-250, and 308, the latter is no longer offered) have been shooters right out of the box with my handloads, so as I first said, shoot it and let it tell you what it needs.

AA2atlow8
01-01-2015, 12:23 PM
+1 on the advice boots has given. If it is a brand new rifle I would, initially break in the barrel properly. Next, I would bed the action as the factory stock is flimsy but bedding has helped mine tremendously. I recently installed a rifle basix SAV-2 trigger and OMG. If I do my part, with my handloads, it will shoot in the .200's very often. Enjoy your new rifle and learn all you can. This site has invaluable information as does accurate shooter.

AA