PDA

View Full Version : MDT LSS vs XLR ELEMENT

txbdyguard
12-29-2014, 02:12 PM
Which would you chose? If you have either please tell us what it weighs. I am going to put a 12VLP DBM on a chassis.

LoneWolf
12-29-2014, 02:38 PM
I would go with the XLR Element because of the longer forearm. Gives you more options for how far out you want to place a Bipod or more options for resting the rifle on something to shoot off of. The MDT looks like it is geared more towards a shorter barrel or pack rifle set up and looks out of balance with a long barrel (i.e. all the weight is in the front). This would probably be a P.I.T.A. since the bipod would be mounted rather close.

txbdyguard
12-29-2014, 02:43 PM
You are right LW I am a minimalist but that LSS is really short

LoneWolf
12-29-2014, 04:54 PM
plus if you want to add a side rail for anything it will be easy with the XLR.

bani
01-01-2015, 09:22 AM
my xlr element weighed 4.560lbs.
assembled with a savage 260rem, it is 11.210lbs.
the original savage with oem plastic stock weighed 11.420lbs.

Model12BVSS
01-07-2015, 09:29 PM
I just took the plunge and bolted an Element chassis onto my model 12 in 22-250. Having not owned an MDT LSS myself I can't speak for it, but the XLR Element has proven to be far beyond my expectations. I went with the tactical buttstock instead of the tactical lite cause I wanted the extra adjustment and man is it comfortable to get behind now in the prone position. Build quality is excellent, came with good instructions, action screws, and torque specs for said screws. Having AI mags now is a godsend and the 5rd'ers feed both my 55gr bullets and 69gr bullets without issue. Haven't had time as of yet to test for any accuracy difference but I'm sure just the ability to adjust everything and the added comfort will help me shoot better. Weight wise, the rifle by my bathroom scale has gained a pound over my factory BVSS stock but I question it's accuracy because it feels lighter and more well balanced. Also no question that the barrel is free floated, you could fit small children between the forearm and the bottom of the barrel. Kyle at XLR is also a pleasure to deal with, they had everything in stock and I received the shipment within 4 business days. I wouldn't go anywhere else if I was looking for another chassis.