PDA

View Full Version : Scope mount and rings for Bushnell 4200 6-24x50

Delaware_Ken
04-27-2010, 05:29 AM
I have my first Savage, a 10 FCP-K in 223 on order, and was wondering what scope mounts and rings would be recommended for a Bushnell 4200 6-25x50 scope. It is a 30mm scope, and my main concern was if I needed high mounts to clear the barrel.

Any help and guidance would be greatly appreciated, Ken

rjtfroggy
04-27-2010, 07:14 AM
Either Egw 0moa with Burris XTR med. rings or the Burris XTR base with the same rings. You might get away with the XTR low rings but you need to check the sizing chart to find out. I will look at my chart in a little while and give you an answer to that question.

pdog06
04-27-2010, 07:19 AM
Depends on the brand you use. If you are wanting to use a 1pc base like a EGW, Farrell, or Warne, you will be able to use medium height Burris Signature Zee rings. But you will need high height Signature Zee rings if you are gonna use a 2pc base setup.

Do you have a brand preference for rings and bases? The EGW base and Burris rings are a really solid combo and will run about $90 total.

Delaware_Ken
04-27-2010, 08:51 AM
Thanks for the quick responses. I don't have a brand preference, but I would rather pay a little more up front for a set up instead of being dissatisfied and have to replace a lower quality set later on down the road.

Ken

savageboy
04-27-2010, 09:45 AM
exactly what Pdog06 said. I had that exact scope on my orig F class rig. Used med Zee rings w/ a 0moa base and got 20moa w/ the inserts. No prob w/ the med height. When I went to a nightforce w/ a larger end bell, I had to use high Zee rings w/ the same base