PDA

View Full Version : Savage 99: Need info on 99C

bsekf
12-27-2014, 12:16 PM
In the "Blue Book" it indicates that all 99C's had a MonteCarlo stock and 22 inch barrels. However the one I am looking at doesn't. Were there different Models of the 99C? Is there a site where I can read descriptions and see pictures? If it doesn't have the MonteCarlo, is the stock straight enough to see through a scope without a comb pad? Some 99's have a lot of drop.

Tommy
12-27-2014, 12:22 PM
Hey bud, Go to the SAVAGE FAQ's Tab , click on it, Then click history, then the plus sign in the box. There are a few good articles posted there with pictures too.

Tommy

bsekf
12-27-2014, 12:32 PM
Will do, thanks. More information, this gun has a clip so it is the later 99C in 308.

Tommy
12-27-2014, 07:48 PM
Well sir, if you look at my thread from yesterday you will see that I was looking for exactly the same info.
WHAT I LEARNED..............
On the left side of the receiver you will see the serial #, it starts with a letter followed by 6 numbers. That means 1970ish and up. On the barrel if you see Westfeild Mass> then that is for certain. If you see a Capital Letter (makers mark) it usually means an option.
For instance mine has a capital K, this means on my gun I should have checkered stocks! I do!

Tommy( mine is an 83 I believe and yes it has the clip, either way I love it)