PDA

View Full Version : Model 25: 22 Hornet magazines

GrinnnPossum
12-27-2014, 10:05 AM
Just wondering if anybody else is having trouble with their Hornet mags. I have 5 and only 1 works well. The problem is the lips are to far apart and it allows the shells to sit up at to steep of an angle. I have contacted Savage,they sent me 2 of the 5 as replacements both of those also were to wide. The shells are sitting at such a steep angle so as I slide the bolt forward the shell hits above the chamber not allowing it in. I have tried melting the lips closer together on 2 of them with some success but don't think I should have to modify brand new mags. Anybody have any suggestions?

GrinnnPossum
12-28-2014, 09:31 AM
Sorry about not giving the model number it is a Mod. 25 WV.

Flyndutchman
01-02-2015, 03:50 AM
The mags are the problem with all the 25's. At least the hornet mags seem to have thicker walls so they don't bulge out like the 223/222/204 mags. I have only one for my hornet. It works good. I hope it keeps working. I made a single shot adaptor mag out of a 223 magazine. These guns are a pain to feed single shot with out it. I put up with the problem because it is such a good shooter. My 222 is also a good shooter. I feed it single most of the time also. I usually only load three rounds in a mag instead of four. With four, the spring tension gets too high and they don't want to feed right. It would be nice if someone would make a nice sheet metal aftermarket mag for these guns or Savage would finally admit they have a feeding problem and fix it. Their customer service denies they have a problem when I talked to them about the mags.