PDA

View Full Version : stainless tumbling...

Pages : 1 2 [3]

yobuck
01-16-2015, 08:22 PM
[QUOTE=BillPa;299936]More than once bucky. Sometimes if you seat them only a .001" or so deeper you'll fell/hear then break lose.

I've heard opinions why "bullet welding" happens but nothing concrete. Some seem to think its sizing lube, some kind of a reaction between the brass -bullet jacket, residue from cleaning, lube on the bullets from manufacturing process and etc. What's strange, some may be welded and some not in the same batch, no rime or reason why.

My remedy, seat them a .001 or so deeper to break the weld then fire or pull the bullets.

Well Bill i did try seating them a little deeper in order to make pulling them easier. But for the most part it had little affect.
They were still so tight i could only remove them by ruining the bullets using dikes. In the past ive been known to load quite
a few at one time for both practice and hunting. Im having second thoughts about that since this experience. But could dirty
necks have that effect? And would new/clean brass have any affect on this?

BillPa
01-16-2015, 10:18 PM
And would new/clean brass have any affect on this?

I haven't a clue, in fact what I gathered from the discussion on 6BR awhile back no one else has one either.

Bill