PDA

View Full Version : stock question

acemisser
12-24-2014, 07:23 AM
I think some of my accuracy problems is with this bell carlson
stock..6br anyway,I have a serious problem with consistent
hold..(bench shooting)...it has a bull barrel and sits well..
Been thinking about a thumb hole..Any thoughts on this as far
as being able to hold more consistent..or does the bull barrel
cause an issue...thanks:frusty:

short round
12-25-2014, 08:58 AM
On my B&C stocks, being vertically challenged, I shorten length of pull. Helps with recoil & accuracy.

GaCop
12-25-2014, 01:10 PM
How well is it sliding "in the bags"? If it's not tracking straight back, try talcum powder on the front and rear bag rests. Another option is Teflon tape for the forearm and underside of the butt stock. The tape can be found on Sinclair's web site and most likely Brownell's too.

Fotheringill
12-25-2014, 11:26 PM
I have tried both and the tape is far superior to talcum powder, won't wear out and slides very nicely.

Jamie
12-26-2014, 08:28 AM
Things that helped me was to take more of me out of it. My thumb and pinky do not contact the stock. Keeps me from adding pressure.

gotcha
12-26-2014, 02:27 PM
You might try shooting "free recoil". Shoulder not touching stock and only thumb on trigger guard with trigger finger centered on trigger. Leave only about 1 inch between butt pad and shoulder so you don't end up with "scope eye". Some times it takes a while to "make friends" with a new rifle. Try various techniques........ If you prefer shooting with a cheek weld you may need to adjust ring height to maintain good contact and steady sight picture. ....... Also, adjust parallax by eye, not by the numbers on the scope. Move your eye in a small circle while peering through the scope.. If your crosshair moves from the target re-adjust your parallax. Your groups will instantly tighten :) Good luck