PDA

View Full Version : Action not optically centered?

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Smokey262
05-04-2010, 11:09 PM
The mirror method works great. Counting clicks sux in comparison.

Some people claim a distinction between optically centered (mirror method) vs. mechanically centered (clicks method) but I have never had an issue

Smokey - So...put the mirror in front of the scope????

Go to a well lit place with a wall mounted mirror, like a bathroom. Remove the W/E adjustment covers. Place the objective end of the scope against the mirror at eye level. Look through the scope, if the scope is not optically centered you will see two reticles. Move the w/e knobs as required until the reticles are superimposed on each other. Replace w/e covers. Done, in at the most 1 minute.

r0ttie1
05-05-2010, 10:25 AM
The mirror method works great. Counting clicks sux in comparison.

Some people claim a distinction between optically centered (mirror method) vs. mechanically centered (clicks method) but I have never had an issue

Smokey - So...put the mirror in front of the scope????

Go to a well lit place with a wall mounted mirror, like a bathroom. Remove the W/E adjustment covers. Place the objective end of the scope against the mirror at eye level. Look through the scope, if the scope is not optically centered you will see two reticles. Move the w/e knobs as required until the reticles are superimposed on each other. Replace w/e covers. Done, in at the most 1 minute.

Thanks for the tip. I'll give that a try.

sha-ul
05-13-2010, 11:31 PM
I wanted to piggyback onto this topic, this eve I was trying to mount up& dial in a new to me scope, & try as I might, I just couldn't get the group into the middle of the paper, I had my target setup @ 50 yards. with the bolt pulled out, sighting through the bore, the scope, mechanically centered, puts the cross hairs almost 24" to the right. I run out of adjustment 6" before the group gets on center. ???