PDA

View Full Version : Mark I/II/93R: mkII pre-accutrigger adjustment

jax13
04-26-2010, 05:23 PM
I would like to drop the weight of pull on my mkII trigger but i have no idea how to go about it.

I have removed the excess play by adjusting the screw towards the front of the trigger group but it is still a heavy unit.

I am toying with the idea of a rifle basix triger but at £80 (about $120) it isn't a cheap option on a cheap rifle.

Quickshot
04-26-2010, 06:47 PM
Once you put the Basix piece in your trigger, you will not have just a "cheap" rifle any more. You will be pleased as I was with the results. However, once installed you must find the "sweet spot". If you go too light it won't cock. The instructions are very good. About 1 1/2# is where mine is the safest. I don't remember for sure right now but I don't think it was quite that expensive. I didn't try any other method, but am happy with the Basix. Quick

LHitchcox
04-27-2010, 07:57 PM
Take a look at this website if looking for an inexpensive remedy. It covers how to shim the factory trigger. Not as great as a replacement trigger but a great improvement.

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46774

JCalhoun
04-27-2010, 10:12 PM
The shim trick is much cheaper than buying a RB trigger.

LHitchcox
04-28-2010, 08:14 AM
I have only done one and it went really well. The rifle was a Christmas present to a guy my daughter is dating. The pull was reduced from off the scale to about 3# with just a bit of creep. It took two pieces of shim stock. With the material I had on hand, the trigger had either a bit of creep or was too light. I now have a better variety of shims, so I plan to tinker with it a bit more to see if I can get the creep out.

TOP PREDATOR
05-21-2010, 08:40 AM
this is what i did :
http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1588046#Post1588046

works better than nothing, but not as well as the rifle basix. if you have the $ for the rifle basix, get it, you will not be sorry.