PDA

View Full Version : Anybody using a Mueller Quick Shot

tammons
04-26-2010, 11:04 AM
Thinking about putting one on my brush gun I use for Hogs.

http://www.muelleroptics.com/products/MQS12233MB.html

rjtfroggy
04-26-2010, 01:05 PM
The Mueller quick-shot is an archery sight, originally made for compounds and cross bows. I don't think they ever took off because they did not offer a mount nor would they tell you where to get one.
I bought one not knowing this,shame on me for not checking first. When I called mueller the service rep told me they didn't have nor could he recommend mounts for the bow but said people are putting them on their turkey guns. So I would gather that they can withstand the recoil of a 12 gauge so why not a rifle.
I have since mounted on a 12 but have yet to try it,going to set it up for 15 yards and mount it on the home defense gun.

tammons
04-26-2010, 01:10 PM
I emailed Mueller as I want to mount this on a 338/284 19" barreled hog gun.
Its got a pretty snappy recoil.

They said no problem on a 338 that people are using them on 12 Ga normal and magnum turkey guns.

Its either one of these or a 1-4X, but I really only use this rifle in deep woods inside of 100 yards
so it seems like it would be a good one at $100.

That said most shots probably 20-30 yards

rjtfroggy
04-26-2010, 01:21 PM
Tammons keep a spare battery in your pocket. When they start to get weak you loose all the brightness of the sight.
Also check Ebay might get it cheaper. You will need a one piece weaver style base to mount it.

Just for the heck of it I looked on ebay, Item #110524498106 brand new in the box bid is at $65 only 1 bid on it.

tammons
04-26-2010, 01:41 PM
Have you used one of these on a rifle ??
Do they hold zero ??

I already have a EGW picatiny base on it so I am set there.

Thanks on the battery info.

I will skip ebay.
I might want to return it so I will buy it form a retailer.

Eric in NC
04-26-2010, 03:07 PM
I had a similar one (not Mueller) on an AR - didn't like it (glare, loosing the dot in certain bright light situations, etc.). I like aperture sights better for quick shots at reasonable ranges.

tammons
04-26-2010, 04:01 PM
Actually iron sights would be fine with me but my rifle is not set up for them
and I dont want to drill the barrel etc.

rjtfroggy
04-26-2010, 05:10 PM
I only used mine on 22lr browning buckmark, no recoil there so I can't say what it will do. For your purpose I think it would be ideal, two eyes open for turkey shooting. Should work. Call Mueller and talk to someone live and see if they will guarantee against recoil. I have a Mueller 8.5-25 scope and it is pretty good but they get mixed reviews on their optics. personally I would not be afraid of buying another.

tammons
04-26-2010, 05:37 PM
I only used mine on 22lr browning buckmark, no recoil there so I can't say what it will do. For your purpose I think it would be ideal, two eyes open for turkey shooting. Should work. Call Mueller and talk to someone live and see if they will guarantee against recoil. I have a Mueller 8.5-25 scope and it is pretty good but they get mixed reviews on their optics. personally I would not be afraid of buying another.

I emailed them and they said no problem with recoil.
It is going on a medium bore Hog rifle.

bluealtered
05-01-2010, 11:24 AM
I put one on a ar brushgun, .223. It work great for that rifle, never had any trouble.
blue