PDA

View Full Version : Choate Tactical stocks

memilanuk
04-25-2010, 10:47 PM
I can't believe I'm asking this... the sun/wind on the range the past two days must have addled my brain worse than I thought ;)

Has anyone here used (or even handled) one of the Choate Tactical stocks (the ones that look vaguely like a McM A5) alongside a Stockade PD Special or a McMillan stock? How is the over all 'feel' in comparison?

I'm debating between getting a CDI Precision dbm system fitted to one of my existing guns (early Accutrigger 10FP receiver) w/ a Stockade PD Special stock or maybe one of the Choate Tactical stocks with the CDI kit.

Thanks,

Monte

dcloco
04-25-2010, 11:00 PM
No, but I would like to!

rinodods
04-26-2010, 03:44 AM
If you don't mind weight the choate is nice. I much prefer the B&C medalist I have on another rifle to it just because of the weight. In fact when the funds work out I'll look for something from stockade and sell the choate tactical I have on my 260. It is well made and comfortable to shoot but turns a varmint barreled 260 into a 15lbs+ gun in a hurry.

Balljoint
04-26-2010, 11:50 AM
The last Savage i have purchased has the Choate Tactical stock also have in hand the CDI bottom metal that will be shooting at Savage Shoot end of June so that anyone that wants check it out BE THERE

hank440
04-27-2010, 09:13 PM
I have 2 of the Choate tactical stocks, I really like them because they feel great and look good too, but like was said above it weighs 3 3/4 lbs

scott597
05-06-2010, 09:37 PM
does the tactical stock only come in heavy barrel channel? if so would it look stupid with a sporter barrel sitting in it? i have a stevens 200 and want to put it in a new stock and really like the tactical from choate. not to mention the price tag also.. i need one for the centerfeed (4.40 screw space) and it seems choices are small for that action right now.

rinodods
05-07-2010, 12:46 AM
The channel is very large. It would look about normal with a full bull barrel I think. My 260 with varmint contour has a huge amount of clearance. I can try and post a pic later if you'd like something to look at.

dcloco
05-07-2010, 11:57 PM
My Choate Varminter handles a straight shank 1.250 bull barrel with a little room to spare. Not much, but it is still floating.