PDA

View Full Version : stock for LH trophy hunter based build

limpy
12-17-2014, 09:31 AM
Ok guys,new to the forum and I'm having a blast,I,m going to build a 6.5 creedmoore using a LH trophy hunter xp 7-08 as action.It has removable plastic"bottom metal chassis and plastic bottom dbm,bottom bolt release. going to rebarrel with 24'' heavy sporter. Other than barrel channel work,can anyone tell me if LH Boyds prairie blaster will fit and would appreciate any opinions on this or any other stock. Gun will be used primarily for target from the bench with possible deer hunting from a stand. THANKS, lIMPY.

GaCop
12-18-2014, 10:05 AM
Welcome to the forums. I can't answer your question but, rest assured, some knowledgeable will be along to answer your questions.

kohler
12-21-2014, 01:09 AM
Well, I'm not an expert but have recent experience (today) with a model 111 project like yours, although the long action model 111 had top bolt release. I added a 26" medium sporter with SSS a T&T'd action onto a SSS Monte Carlo Sporter.

Stock fit and finish is great. No channel work was needed.

limpy
12-27-2014, 10:33 AM
Well, I'm not an expert but have recent experience (today) with a model 111 project like yours, although the long action model 111 had top bolt release. I added a 26" medium sporter with SSS a T&T'd action onto a SSS Monte Carlo Sporter.

Stock fit and finish is great. No channel work was needed.

thanks guys,going to a gun show next week, trying to get my ducks in a row!