PDA

View Full Version : challenge accepted!

blink
12-16-2014, 02:17 PM
well i'm tired of people saying the axis is a POS,so i challenged those on facebook saying it to a shoot off.i only have 40 rnds down the pipe so it isn't even broke in yet.hope it's up for the challenge?no special hand loads,just federal fmj.

Rosco
12-16-2014, 03:00 PM
POS as compared with what? And what Facebook page is this?

blink
12-16-2014, 04:33 PM
was going to copy/paste the discussion but it appears the post was deleted by admin for "bashing" violation.
it basically said the axis was at best worth $250 new and a disposable gun after 1000 rounds,better off to get something will last.
i guess there was no mention of accuracy.....but i put it out there anyway.

03mossy
12-16-2014, 04:34 PM
Go get em Blink! Do us proud

Rosco
12-16-2014, 05:11 PM
Give'em a Brotherhood beat down!!

DrThunder88
12-17-2014, 06:26 AM
Win with your Axis, then talk some smaxis!

blink
12-18-2014, 02:49 AM
lol,i'll do my best!

foxx
12-18-2014, 07:54 AM
LOL! Disposable? What part breaks down or wears out?!

tufrthnails
12-18-2014, 09:46 AM
Haters gonna hate, but they also cry on the range.

blink
12-18-2014, 02:19 PM
LOL! Disposable? What part breaks down or wears out?!

apparently the bolt,so the challenger said.

daddyusmaximus
12-18-2014, 07:26 PM
Sub'd, for the details, and photos to come.

blink
12-19-2014, 02:29 AM
it will be an outdoor event.just hoping the weather and days off agree with each other,if not it could be a long wait.:confused:
hopefully sooner rather than later,i enjoy shooting and haven't been out in months!

fgw_in_fla
12-19-2014, 06:23 AM
I haven't been on here very much in recent months due to things going on with an ill family member but I just gotta chime in here.

Tell your facebook buddy to kiss my Axis.
My 25.06 has well over 3500 rounds thru the action, has been 4 different calibers over the past 5 years (without spending $$$ on a gunsmith) and will out shoot most any bolt gun - maybe exclusive of high dollar bench rest guns.
Speaking of cost, about $1000 including the Vortex Viper scope.

And the bolt is just as miserably tight as the day I bought it.

I kinda wish there was a way to get it to you for your shoot off. With my rifle and if we could get Dean (scope eye) to contribute some of his ultra high velocity home rolled ammo, you'd have this facebook twit kissing your shoes.

Maybe we'll use my accuracy tuned ammo instead of Dean's ammo. I don't want the chamber & first 3 inches of my barrel burned out.

BillPa
12-19-2014, 01:08 PM
well i'm tired of people saying the axis is a POS,so i challenged those on facebook saying it to a shoot off.i only have 40 rnds down the pipe so it isn't even broke in yet.hope it's up for the challenge?no special hand loads,just federal fmj.

Well, don't fall into the one lucky wallet group shoot off trap, make it a 25 shot agg, 5 targets, 5 shots each, smallest overall agg wins the rubber stogie. Oh, also make sure its a head's up shoot off , all out of the box rifles, no bedding, after market barrels, tweaks and etc.

Why?

A few of us old goats get together at the range Monday mornings to shoot.....our rifles too!:p One guy shoots a Cooper in 243, all factory ammo of one flavor or another. One morning he pounded his chest, puffed out his chest losing three buttons off his shirt...."Look at this group", a nice little 5 shot 100 yard bughole. The only problem, he hadn't shot a bughole group before...or since! It was a one time and done affair.

Anyone can get lucky on any given day and shoot a screamer, but to be lucky consistently is the challenge. Make it a 25 shot agg, you may deflate a few egos.

Bill