PDA

View Full Version : what can i convert?

dirtfloorfab
12-13-2014, 08:33 PM
i see that its a pretty easy swap to changr cal. with these rifles but havent heard much on the big bore guns. im wanting to build a 300win mag i know obviously its a long action. so i would be looking for a long action. but from ehat ive read i need a magnum bolt face? is this true? what is an easily convertable gun to convert to 300 win? thank in advance zeth

Robinhood
12-13-2014, 09:05 PM
It depends on how many parts you want to change. The easiest would be a 300wm then you don't have to do anything. Next is a 7RM where a barrel and a magazine( you can modify the RM to work though). Then a 30-06 based cartridge with a bolt head change and a firing pin protrusion inspection/adjustment and a magazine.

D.ID
12-13-2014, 11:47 PM
If your not planning on using the factory barrel or stock anyway: 338 win hog hunter, retails at about $450 has a cheap stock, accutrigger, magnum centerfeed magazine and bolt face. It's the cheapest accutrigger magnum model to build from.
If you want a different trigger anyway you could track down a Steven's 200 or any of the old magnum savages kicking around used.