PDA

View Full Version : RIP Vortex pst ffp 6x24

Pages : [1] 2

Luke45
12-13-2014, 02:14 PM
Stopped tracking today, only had it about 2 years. Good thing there's a Warentee just wish I didn't have have to use it

scope eye
12-13-2014, 02:30 PM
Your using to much powder. LOL

Dean

Luke45
12-13-2014, 03:17 PM

Dean

It was on my 243!! only 45 grains of 4831, come on dean thats well within your limits ;)

bootsmcguire
12-13-2014, 03:55 PM

Dean

Coming from the guy who likes a:

woman in Stiletto heals

;) ;) ;)

scope eye
12-13-2014, 05:23 PM
Don't you just hate that, when your own words are used against you. LOL

Dean

stomp442
12-13-2014, 05:59 PM
Welcome to Vortex ownership. You will get to be good friends with the warranty people over there until you finally tire of trying to get their crap scopes to work. Good luck.

dwt
12-13-2014, 06:38 PM
LOL , that's all I ever hear about is that warranty ?

Robinhood
12-13-2014, 08:37 PM
Warranties are worthless in a match or on a hunt. Cheap scopes on a rifle are like cheap tires on a race car.

Texas Solo
12-13-2014, 09:07 PM
Welcome to Vortex ownership. You will get to be good friends with the warranty people over there until you finally tire of trying to get their crap scopes to work. Good luck.

LOL , that's all I ever hear about is that warranty ?

Warranties are worthless in a match or on a hunt. Cheap scopes on a rifle are like cheap tires on a race car.

Let's be a fair here guys. Vortex scopes cost 1/2 of Nightforce, and fill a niche for a lot of guys who need more than Bushnell but can't afford Nightforce.
And since when is having a fabulous warranty a bad thing?
I've have two Vortex Vipers on my two F/TR rifles, for 2 years now. One is the exact scope the OP speaks of, mounted on my .308.
They're both still spot on. If I make a 1 MOA adjustment, my POI moves 1 MOA....every time.
Even a Nightforce can break.

Rick_W
12-13-2014, 10:57 PM
Even a Nightforce can break.

Blaspheme!

stomp442
12-14-2014, 01:29 AM
I would expect a cheap Bushnell to break. But vortex scopes are far from a cheap scope and I have plenty of other mid level optics such as Nikon and Sightron and Leupold VXIIs none of which have ever had to be sent back for repair and all of which have just as good of warranty. Vortex may be half the cost of a Nightforce but they will give you four times as much trouble. I have owned five vortex scopes at varying levels of supposed quality so I have given them a fair shake and I can fairly say I will never own another one.

This scene from Tommy Boy pretty much says it best about Vortex warranty.
http://youtu.be/mEB7WbTTlu4

Texas Solo
12-14-2014, 10:04 AM
I have owned five vortex scopes at varying levels of supposed quality so I have given them a fair shake and I can fairly say I will never own another one.

In your situation, I would do the same. My situation is vastly different.
I've owned two Fords, both were a pile of poop. I'll never buy another Ford.
I think that's what YMMV means.

darkker
12-14-2014, 12:17 PM

Bwaahahahaha!!!

D.ID
12-14-2014, 02:57 PM
My bushnells make my vortex look bad.
Neither are cheap. My bushnell tacticals are the same price as a vortex pst but a better scope all around.
Ford vs chevy: Ford
9mm vs 45acp: 45acp
Rem vs Sav: Savage
Bushnell elite tactical vs any other sub 1K: Bushnell

scope eye
12-14-2014, 03:38 PM
As far as scopes under one thousand dollars, for me it would be Sightron SIII

Dean

bootsmcguire
12-14-2014, 03:39 PM
My bushnells make my vortex look bad.
Neither are cheap. My bushnell tacticals are the same price as a vortex pst but a better scope all around.
Ford vs chevy: Ford
9mm vs 45acp: 45acp
Rem vs Sav: Savage
Bushnell elite tactical vs any other sub 1K: Bushnell

Well at least you got the 9 vs 45 and the Rem vs Savage arguments right ;). Never had a Bush TAC Elite so can't pass judgment there.

D.ID
12-14-2014, 03:52 PM
I have a few and so far I think they are unequalled in there price range.
The ford vs chevy.......should be clarified...........they both quit making trucks I would want in 1979.
Sightron sIII would be my runner up in the sub 1K but I think the bushnell is tougher.

FEENIX
12-27-2014, 12:29 PM

Epic! :p

yobuck
12-27-2014, 01:38 PM
I have a few and so far I think they are unequalled in there price range.
The ford vs chevy.......should be clarified...........they both quit making trucks I would want in 1979.

Yes, i especially liked the way they rusted out about the same time the 24th payment was made. My first Chevy
was a 49 convertable. 2 years old when i bought it and for nostalgia sake id like still owning it. But that would be
the only semi valid reason, as there is no other comparisons to be made. I also owned a 79 jeep c j 7, another rust bucket
and absolute junk compared to my 06 Rubicon in any way you care to compare. As for Vortex i agree it is unequaled,
as for being the worst scope ive seen for our type use. But then to be fair ive never even tried many of them.

D.ID
12-27-2014, 09:04 PM
For reasons unknown all my chevy and jeeps have bean prone to rust were my fords have weathered much better, design?,Luck?
I do not think the vortex is unequalled above $500.
In fact I think because they are feature rich they are a little over rated. So many folks like bells and whistles more than anything.