PDA

View Full Version : Need Stevens 200 DBM Stock Suggestions

TORCHRIDER
12-11-2014, 12:16 AM
I have a Stevens 200 center feed (4.4" bolt spacing) in .260 Remington that I want to convert from a blind magazine to a DBM. I need direction on who makes stocks for this configuration as well as everything else required (bottom metal, magazines, inletting, etc.). The barrel is an aftermarket McGowen heavy magnum contour I believe. I have experience building blind magazine rifles, but none building a DBM. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

TORCH

44magleo
12-12-2014, 10:56 AM
I'm just starting to get into the Savage rifles, so my advice is coming from a newbe. I'm currently rebarreling a Model 11, it has the DBM, it has the 4.4 inch bolt spacing. It's the plastic stock. I'm going to stick with the plastic stock for now but plan on adding a wood stock later. I think you just need to ID a Savage model that has the same bolt spacing as your 200, then get what you need to fit the savage model. Leo

foxx
12-12-2014, 12:45 PM
Yeah, forget the fact it is a Stevens, that just confuses the issue and does not matter, really.

One approach is to ask someone who has a factory-configured short action, center feed with DBM (not the Axis style mag) to PM you the serial number so you can call Savage for the parts list. Once you have that, you can order them from Savage, post wtb ad here, check Numrich, Brownells, Midway...

As for stocks, I only have experience with Boyds. They are inexpensive and more than suitable for my needs.

Hope this helps.

Good luck.

THis article from FAQ's may help as well:http://www.savageshooters.com/content.php?260-Savage-110-Detachable-Box-Magazine-Systems

Robinhood
12-12-2014, 06:10 PM
Hey Torchrider, What kind of weight stock are you looking for. I know you like long range so do you want a tactical or varmint type. They make a stock similar to your old LRPV that has a detachable mag. That would be sweet and I see them every so often around the web.