PDA

View Full Version : Model 14 trigger question

uncle-buck
12-08-2014, 11:13 PM
I have a Model 14 Classic in .308 Win. It was purchased in 2006 and came with an Accu-Trigger that is adjustable down to 2.5 lbs.

I often notice quite a bit of movement in my sight picture during dry practice when the trigger is pressed and that causes me to shoot poor groups off the bench at the range. I know my trigger control needs to be more consistent, and am working on that. I also believe a lighter trigger would be helpful.

Can the LE/Varmint or Target Accu-Triggers be installed on the Model 14?
If so, what's involved?
Is it a drop-in job or something for a qualified gunsmith?

Thanks for any advice.

jpdown
12-09-2014, 12:28 AM
The varmint and target Accu-trigger springs are the same. These springs will get you down to around 1.5 lbs pull weight. Simply switch them out on your model 14 Classic. I believe site sponsors like Gun Shack and Nothland Shooters Supply have them in stock.

uncle-buck
12-09-2014, 01:18 PM
The varmint and target Accu-trigger springs are the same. These springs will get you down to around 1.5 lbs pull weight. Simply switch them out on your model 14 Classic. I believe site sponsors like Gun Shack and Nothland Shooters Supply have them in stock.
Thank you

Robinhood
12-09-2014, 11:41 PM
Uncle Buck. What power scope and at what range are you shooting? What is your setup when shooting and what are you doing to improve the influence of your trigger pull on your muzzle?