PDA

View Full Version : Model 111 Factory Stock Qeuestion

vet2260
12-08-2014, 09:04 PM
Hi my question is this I have bedded the Action on my 111 fxcp and free floated the barrel section added a cheek riser due to the height of the scope. I have to have it this high as after having Surgery to remove Cancer From my neck, my neck is stiff.. will the stock be able to handle having more material removed to fit a bull barrel and any suggestions as to help keep the stock stiff. I havent bedded the lug yet..Any and all suggestions accepted:help:

foxx
12-08-2014, 09:20 PM
I don't think the stock is stiff enough without removing any material to allow for a bull barrel, so my answer has to be "No." However, it can be made better by bedding steel or aluminum rods into the forearm. The little bit of material you remove from the upper portion of the stock for the bull barrel won't, in my opinion, make it any worse if you add the rods as I suggested. The problem with these stocks, though, is the rods don't prevent the stock from flexing at the point near the lug.

I'd say go ahead and try, if you want. Or, check out Boyds for a $90 walnut or laminate stock that will serve you quite well, I think.

vet2260
12-08-2014, 09:26 PM
Ok thanks Foxx this is twice you have helped me and I do Appreciate the help as I have usually messed with Weatherbys and finding this Savage set up quite Interesting.