PDA

View Full Version : 111c 30.06 magazine availability

Chunkychuck
12-04-2014, 08:30 PM
I have a 111c in 30.06 and am looking for additional magazines but nobody seems to have any new ones, not even Savage. Was this gun /magazine setup a limited one or has the panic depleted the market. I've found some used ones on Gunbroker but they are priced as new and I refuse to pay new prices for used. Any other ideas?

JammerMan79
12-05-2014, 01:31 PM
I have a 111c in 30.06 and am looking for additional magazines but nobody seems to have any new ones, not even Savage. Was this gun /magazine setup a limited one or has the panic depleted the market. I've found some used ones on Gunbroker but they are priced as new and I refuse to pay new prices for used. Any other ideas?

I have a 111 international trophy hunter in 30/06, identical to the 111 trophy hunter in the US
We have extra mag's here in Canada, sold by cabelas. I don't see it on the US site, but it may be worth asking

Chunkychuck
12-05-2014, 08:07 PM
I have a 111 international trophy hunter in 30/06, identical to the 111 trophy hunter in the US
We have extra mag's here in Canada, sold by cabelas. I don't see it on the US site, but it may be worth asking

Thanks

JammerMan79
12-06-2014, 08:26 PM
Also...
I just found this out. The mag in my rifle is identical to an axis rifle.
Does yours have the plastic release tab on the mag or is the release on the rifle?
http://i59.tinypic.com/qq1rx3.jpg
The bottom is mine, the top is an axis

Chunkychuck
12-07-2014, 08:22 PM
The release is on the side of the rifle.

LHitchcox
12-09-2014, 02:39 PM
You need a totally different mag than the new Axis/Trophy Hunter styles. Your rifle is probably a 1970s production, mine is, and there is no way to use current detachable mags. I have two that came with my rifle, so I have not looked for any others, but I do remember Midway carrying them.

They seem to be out of stock most places, but the Savage site shows them in stock at a price of $49. The lady in charge seems to be very knowledgable and very helpful.

Chunkychuck
12-09-2014, 04:25 PM
You need a totally different mag than the new Axis/Trophy Hunter styles. Your rifle is probably a 1970s production, mine is, and there is no way to use current detachable mags. I have two that came with my rifle, so I have not looked for any others, but I do remember Midway carrying them.

They seem to be out of stock most places, but the Savage site shows them in stock at a price of $49. The lady in charge seems to be very knowledgable and very helpful.

Once you add a selection to cart, it then shows it out of stock and it has been that way since before I started this thread.

Chunkychuck
12-09-2014, 06:35 PM
Was finally able to get through to Savage Customer Service. My magazine has been discontinued. They did give me a possible source. Was too late to call them as they are an east coast company. I'll post again if they have any.

foxx
12-09-2014, 08:07 PM
Those are difficult to find. Best source I know of is the member's Classified Ads here. It's just one good reason to join, by the way. Great tech articles, too. $15/year.