PDA

View Full Version : Mark I/II/93R: Any Klinsky-Type Stocks for a Savage Mark II FV?

skyblue
12-03-2014, 01:23 PM
I really love the look of a Klinsky stock on a CZ or Brno, and was hoping to replicate it on my Savage Mark II FV. Would anyone know if Klinsky makes stocks for this particular application, and if not, are there any other stock makers out there that have similar-looking stocks that are a drop-in fit for a Mark II FV?
Thanks!!

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/01/u8yry5um.jpg

GaCop
12-18-2014, 11:22 AM
I can't answer your question but, I sure like the looks of that stock!

skyblue
12-18-2014, 03:55 PM
I can't answer your question but, I sure like the looks of that stock!

Isn't it just beautiful? Reminds me of some of the stocks from Feinwerkbau and those used on Olympic-style rifles! Anyway, I was in touch with Klinsky's U.S. distributor, and he explained that they don't make stocks for Savage rifles as they are not very popular in Europe, so market there is very small. It was encouraging, however to learn that they will start making stocks for US made rifles, such as Winchester, Remington and Ruger, and will expand the selection of models next year. Their main goal was to capture a share of the European and Scandinavian market before expanding to the U.S. Now that they have managed to do that, they plan on capturing a bigger share of the U.S. market. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they include most of the Savage line in their expansion (including the Mark II's) and have the products available in the U.S. market by late next year!!

skyblue
12-18-2014, 03:58 PM
..as an aside, I wonder how hard it would be to retrofit a CZ 452 stock to fit a Mark II FV? Has anyone on the forum tried it? I'm pretty confident that process would translate to Klinsky stocks as well....