PDA

View Full Version : Bottom bolt-release trigger spring orientation

memilanuk
12-03-2014, 02:08 AM
So... sent a gun with a bottom-bolt release off to a local 'smith. Long story short, the trigger was removed to facilitate the work in question and came back to me in a baggie. Didn't think anything about it until months later (now) when I'm getting around to putting everything back together and uhhhh... that thing don't fit back together the way I remember because there isn't any 'ear' for the bolt release - and one leg of the spring is much shorter than on my Target Accutriggers. Apparently I never looked that closely at the dang thing before, and so far I've struck out searching for pics/videos of what goes where.

If someone could snap a couple pics of where that spring goes in the overall scheme of things I would greatly appreciate it.

TIA,

Monte

sharpshooter
12-04-2014, 01:07 AM
The short tail of the spring sits in a machined pocket on the left side of the reciever where the relief cuts are for the trigger bracket. You must install the spring first, then place the trigger bracket in. The trigger bracket will hold it in place while you install the sear and pivot pin.

memilanuk
12-04-2014, 01:15 AM
Got it. Thanks!