PDA

View Full Version : Need Id. help. New Savage Detachable Mag, No Accutrigger in .308??

ThorBird
04-23-2010, 06:41 PM
I have the opportunity to purchase what is described as a 1 Year old never fired Savage - blued - with detachable magazine in .308, but does not have an accutrigger. I know the older Savage's do not have the accutrigger, and if it did not have the detachable mag., I would have guessed it was just an older Savage, but he said that it was detachable mag.??? My guess is that it is the early 4.40 spaced centerfeed, pre-accutrigger???

Don't think he can get me a photo. I want to buy a centerfeed detachable mag. action for a future tactical gun build with extended mag., thought this would be a good donor. He wants $300 for it with 2 boxes of ammo. Thought it was a decent price.

Were all Savage detachable mag. boxes centerfeeds???

Thanks

pdog06
04-23-2010, 07:11 PM
It is most likely one of the special run rifles from Dicks Sporting goods, Cabelas, etc. Savage would make them with a standard trigger so they could be sold cheaper.

Just ask him to measure the screw spacing on it for you.

Or ask him where the mag release button is. A centerfeed button is on the bottom and a staggerfeed is on the side and protrudes thru the side of the stock.

Guess I know where my $300 is going.....LOL

ThorBird
04-23-2010, 07:23 PM
Yeah Mike, That would be going to that, and selling more stuff I don't want to sell.

So Savage did make a staggered feed detachable mag. gun?

If I cant' be sure it is a centerfeed, I'll forget it and wait.

Thanks Mike, See you and Justin Sunday.

Fjold
04-23-2010, 07:28 PM
Savage also made the original 110 "J" actions in staggered feed with a detachable magazines (Fred has mine right now for a T&T and new stock) and they all came with a non-accutrigger but that was a heck of a lot longer than a year ago.

rjtfroggy
04-23-2010, 07:41 PM
Pdog look at the one I sent you that is about 10-12 years old and I don't remember what it is.
I had a dbm in the early 70's wood stock side botton and that was stagger feed.
I don't know non accutrigger would make me a little suspicious about the age.
On the top of this page there is a sticky about aging your gun, try to get the serial number and see if it can be aged.

ThorBird
04-23-2010, 09:52 PM
Thanks guys.