PDA

View Full Version : Model 11 DBM to Bling Mag?

NDCASE
11-29-2014, 10:20 AM
Is there any way I can convert my model 11 with DBM to a hinge or blind magazine style? This is a 223 if that matters. Thank you for the help.

http://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/ah292/Ksostenson/20141123_123623_zpspnvapsak.jpg

foxx
11-29-2014, 11:13 AM
It can be made blind mag quite easily. Remove the bottom of the DBM and insert into a blind mag stock. Might have to wedge some wood shims or do some creative work with bedding material of choice to make the mag box hold securely within the stock.

That's assuming you want to change stocks, of course. If not, just epoxy the dang thing into place the way it is. Cover with bedding material and smooth it out. You could still remove the bottom of the dbm and do the same.

NDCASE
11-29-2014, 11:08 PM
That is correct I want to change stocks. This is the reason why I'm curious if it is possible to do so.

jpdown
11-30-2014, 12:37 AM
Any Savage SA or aftermarket center feed blind magazine stock will work with your Savage 11 action. You will need an L-clip to hold your current magazine box and follower in place. Or get an SSS Single Shot Ramp and do away with the magazine box completely.

RentonXD1
01-18-2015, 04:13 AM
I know I'm kind of late to this thread but I too have been trying to figured the same thing out. I've heard of this "L" bracket thing before but I am unfamiliar with what is it exactly or even where to get one. I have a 11vt that I'm trying to put into a B&C medalist tactical stock.

Breeze
01-18-2015, 05:01 AM
here's the piece you will need https://store.savagearms.com/mag-retaining-clip.html

buddyle3
01-22-2015, 10:41 PM
I applied some jb weld to the bottom where the magazine would go. I set the box mag inside the well and used a 4" c - clamp to hold it into place. I let it set for 24 hours and took the clamp off. Everything settled and held into place nicely. I installed the bell and Carlson stock and had no issues what so ever.

RentonXD1
01-24-2015, 02:25 AM
Thanks Breeze for the part #. It took me a few minutes to figure out how to install the darn thing but I got it. Now all I need is a longer factory action screw for the front. I tried to order the set from Boyds but they wanted $4 for the actions screws and $17 for shipping, thanks but no thanks.

Breeze
01-24-2015, 05:45 AM
Thanks Breeze for the part #. It took me a few minutes to figure out how to install the darn thing but I got it. Now all I need is a longer factory action screw for the front. I tried to order the set from Boyds but they wanted $4 for the actions screws and $17 for shipping, thanks but no thanks.
Your welcome glad I could help, for the extended action screw ,check ace hardware or fasten all , you may have to buy one that might be to long & cut it down.

Rmga1982
02-04-2015, 07:33 PM
I know I'm kind of late to this thread but I too have been trying to figured the same thing out. I've heard of this "L" bracket thing before but I am unfamiliar with what is it exactly or even where to get one. I have a 11vt that I'm trying to put into a B&C medalist tactical stock.
If you can wait a few months I justsaw on the B&C Facebook page that a medalist with dbm is in the works now