PDA

View Full Version : any one have pics of a Stockade moneysaver?

rdfrench
09-12-2009, 12:29 AM
I'd like to see some pics of how they arrived from Stockade. I'm trying to see how much work I'll be in for.

geargrinder
09-12-2009, 10:38 AM
I don't have any before pictures of my money saver, but I can tell you that it's worth the savings.

It took me about two hours to get it ready for paint. Just a little bondo in the seams and a scuff on the rest.

I also took some time to make my barrel channel perfectly straight, since mine had a small wobble to it. I don't know if that would have been fixed in a non-moneysaver stock.

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee269/geargrinder123/S8000416.jpg

rdfrench
09-13-2009, 04:45 PM
that's a sweet looking rig Gear...who makes that bolt handle, and what paint did you use?

geargrinder
09-13-2009, 06:02 PM
that's a sweet looking rig Gear...who makes that bolt handle, and what paint did you use?

Thanks.

It's a SSS tactical bolt handle. Wish they still made them in LH, but righties can still get them in stainless and black.

The paint is Plastikote Fleck Stone. The color is Harbor Fog.

Then I put a satin clear poly over the top. Several very thick coats. I used a small foam roller with the clear.

pdog06
09-14-2009, 11:06 PM

Thanks.

It's a SSS tactical bolt handle. Wish they still made them in LH, but righties can still get them in stainless and black.

They started making them again in LH. A few(6 or so) months ago I ordered a RH and Lisa sent me a LH by mistake so I had to send it back.

lancexxx
10-12-2009, 07:26 PM
Which stock is this

223Rem
10-12-2009, 09:50 PM
Which stock is this

Prairie dog/tactical.

Not sure if "money saver" is the correct nomenclature for these stocks. Depending upon how you value your time, your finishing skills and expected outcome makes a big difference.

Deathray
10-12-2009, 10:01 PM
How rough are they?

Is it as simple as doing a bit of sanding and bondo or epoxy void filling work?

Netz
10-18-2009, 02:29 AM
Mine came with the seam filed/sanded, not really straight from the mold, they do a nice touch up job before shipping, I spent a few more than 2 hours on mine, only because I'm just that anal about my prep work, I plan on a tactical paint job but my prep was automotive quality, just cost me an additional $10 for a can of auto body plastic filler, the primer I had.
Curt

bama110
10-29-2009, 11:01 AM
I have done two money savers and they really are not any harder the boyds vip just different. I have around 2 hours in filling and sanding then paint, black duracoat took 10 min. my other is duplicolor metal flake that took i think 6 coats total with paint sanding and prep. I am very pleased with both.