PDA

View Full Version : Savage 220: 220F factory mounted Bushnell 3-9X32 shoots 3" left

Phatguy
11-23-2014, 05:36 PM
My first post here. Purchased this 220F last week at Field & Stream. It came with a factory mounted Bushnell 3-9X32 scope mounted on two piece mounts, no-name rings. Scope x-hairs were crooked from factory, I loosened rings and eyeballed x-hairs to as close to vertical as my naked eye allows. Took it to range to zero in using Federal P209TC ammo (3" tipped sabot slug). The 220F shoots 4-5" to the left at 100 yrds with max (move to the right) scope adjustment, elevation dialed in as expected (2.75" high at 100yrds). This scope has no identifying model info but looks like the Banner which has max adjustment range of 60 1/4" clicks. You can see my dilemma. Not enough adjustment available to correct the left shooting propensity of the set-up. It's just 7 days from Ohio gun season opening day. Any advice regarding known problems with this set up?

Thanks

Edzzed
11-23-2014, 08:24 PM
The first problem is probably the scope that came with your rifle. I bought a Savage axis and found the scope is a Bushnell sharpshooter 3-9x40. That piece of junk retails on Ebay for 40 bucks with free shipping. Swap the scope to something better. FWIW, I went with a Bushnell Trophy 4-12x40. Not the best scope out there but it's better than the original. Ask yourself what you paid for the rifle. I paid 345.00 out the door.

rjtfroggy
11-25-2014, 12:54 PM
I would say change out that scope, I watched a young guy at the range last year with a brand new 30/06 with the package Bushnell scope and after the second shot there were no more cross hairs.

pdog06
11-26-2014, 08:29 PM
and if you change the scope get a good set of rings while youre at it.

J.Baker
12-18-2014, 11:55 PM
Check the factory scope bases. If it's the 2-piece mounts make sure that the stamped number on the top of each is on the same side of the rifle. If not, flip one around and try again. I have found that the factory bases are a little off-center so if they're not the same it can cause your exact issue.