PDA

View Full Version : Convert blind mag to hinged floorplate or dbm

rphguy
11-22-2014, 10:44 AM
I have a model 16fss in 7-08. Manufactured in 1999, has staggered feed and top bolt release.
I love the rifle. one holer at 100 yrds. Only thing I've done is recently put a Timney trigger on it.
It still has the cheapo original plastic stock on it.

The only thing I don't like about the rifle is the blind magazine.

the question: Is it possible to convert this to (preferably) a hinged floorplate? Or, second choice a dbm?

I am open to buying a new stock, if necessary, as I have considered this anyway.

tammons
11-22-2014, 11:29 AM
I am not 100% but I think the factory DBM for your rifle is like mine which has a side button release in the stock and they are getting hard to find.
As far as a factory hinged floor plate or a DBM setup its best if you can find a stock complete with the bottom plate and all the hardware.

I actually saw a short action complete DBM stock with all the hardware the other day on Ebay but passed on it.
Also may want to check Numrich.

Alternatively you can go to a CDI bottom metal and DBM but its expensive. CDI will inlet your stock for their bottom metal.

darkker
11-22-2014, 12:14 PM
That rifle isn't the side button. CDI sells mags, have them do it or you inlet it.

tammons
11-22-2014, 12:32 PM
To add, a side button stock will fit but I forgot to mention it takes work to make it happen if the action was not originally a factory side button DBM.

That said Savage doesnt make parts any more for those old DBMs so its a dead end and if you lose a part you will be stuck searching ebay or numrich.

Best to go with CDI as mentioned above.